5th December 2023 at 05:50S879 91 posts
I am quite new to the VA card. Twice they have charged me an ‘interest’. I have full direct debit set up so I don’t understand why that is being charged. I don’t use it for cash back. Could someone shed some light please?5th December 2023 at 07:04Sam 96 posts
What kind of purchases are you making?
Topping up travel money accounts like wise?5th December 2023 at 09:01points_worrier 287 posts
Or gambling? Or purchasing cash at a bureau de change? Or buying crypto?
Any of these will not have an interest free period.
If unsure you can just ask – I am sure they will tell you. They might even be kind and waive interest charges.5th December 2023 at 22:29S879 91 posts
Thanks will contact them. Bizarrely, not doing anything suspicious. A few transactions to do with beauty, food, flights etc5th December 2023 at 22:54BA Flyer IHG Stayer 1,853 posts
Have they actually charged you or is it just an advisory on the statement of the interest you will incur should your payment be late?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
NEW: Get a Flying Blue (SkyTeam) status match from your British Airways or other airline status
Interview: Sir Tim Clark, CEO Emirates, on his new Business Class, success of Premium Economy
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- rams on Chat thread – Monday 4th March
- Geoggy on 40k points for 4 nights (upto twice) at Iberostar Beachfront Resorts
- darnthatdream on Apply for Gold now or wait for boost?
- philuk on Chat thread – Monday 4th March
- strickers on Smart meters – any experience?
- SamG on DUB-CLT- MSY and YVR-DFW-LHR flight transit advice requested please.
- Roberto on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- LittleNick on Chat thread – Monday 4th March
- kevinchoi on Post new Amex statement credit offers here!
- points_worrier on HSBC Premier World Elite: Loss of iPass
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.