Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Is it possible to get Gold in one trip?

• achoogirl 33 posts

I need to go to the US next month (ORD) and wondered whether it’s possible to get to Gold in one trip either using a combination of double tier points or stop overs. Usually travel in First or Business.

nectar collector 282 posts

In theory yes……if you booked a route from a UK regional start point, via London, via a US East Coast Hub eg JFK, Boston etc, to ORD, with the transatlantic leg in first and the other legs in club/business/domestic first, and stay for 5 nights you could get 40+ 210+40 , times 2 for the return, times 2 for the double tier points offer giving 1160 tier points which will get you gold under the current reduced tier points plan?

achoogirl 33 posts

Thank you. Assume that hotel/car hire doesn’t need to be in the same city to qualify. Just as long as you book 5 nights somewhere?

No personal experience of doing that but if you book a custom flight and hotel trip with a hotel booked for at least 5 nights of the trip , that seems to satisfy the Ts and Cs…….

yonasl 954 posts

No personal experience of doing that but if you book a custom flight and hotel trip with a hotel booked for at least 5 nights of the trip , that seems to satisfy the Ts and Cs…….

I think that was the case before (at least 5 days of hotel or car). But now you need to book the hotel or car for the whole trip.

@yonasl – I think it’s actually the other way round…….used to require a hotel or car for the whole trip duration, but now just requires a minimum of 5 days…..

c) The hotel/car element of the package must be for a minimum of five nights for travel before 30 September 2023.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.