Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Is Virgin Money/CC cashback multi use?

• Reney 755 posts

Hi all.

I have a VM account, and noticed Morrison’s 10% cashback is back! I think VM cashback used to be multi-use i.e. can do many transactions, is that still the case, I have not used them in well over a year!

Thanks.

Andrew. 480 posts

Woohoo!

It’s never really gone away, but this week it isn’t “online only”. It doesn’t say single use, but it doesn’t say “every time”. So it’s going to be pot-luck.

Leigh 30 posts

The offer does say purchaseS, so I assume it’s multi-use.

Reney 755 posts

Thanks both, anyone remember how long it takes to track and will it work if I put my card on apple pay? Thanks.

Andrew. 480 posts

Thanks both, anyone remember how long it takes to track and will it work if I put my card on apple pay? Thanks.

24-48 hours usually.

I always use my physical card when the rebate is important to me.

elguiri 216 posts

I haven’t had morrisons offer of any sort appear this year on my VM CC I think. I currently have waitrose 5% but that’s it from supermarkets.

SteveJ 977 posts

Says won’t get cashback for gift card purposes, how would Virgin even know?

drdan 95 posts

They won’t ever know!

I’ve almost worked through the 2k of Morrisons own gift cards that I purchased withe Amex 10% rebate from maybe. A year+ ago to use at the petrol station 🙂

My only concern is that Morrisons is really not making any money and actually is making a loss when the others are raking it in…. A little niggle that I wonder if Section 75 would cover the purchases if the unlikely event ever occured.

tw33ty 190 posts

I found virgin cb didn’t always track on the cards and when chased, you ended up in a loop of ineptitude.

I’ll skip it until it goes on other cards for now.

Can you still use Morrisons gift cards for fuel?

ZoeB 88 posts

You definitely use the gift cards for fuel. I just did it this morning

Bella Ciao 22 posts

10% doesn’t move the needle for me unfortunately.

John 1,000 posts

I’m not 100% sure but I think one-use offers will disappear after they track (if they track).

SteveJ 977 posts

10% doesn’t move the needle for me unfortunately.

Not for your normal shop, agreed, but they sell gift card for John Lewis (can be used in Waitrose), Uber eats (can be used for general Uber spend too) and hopefully Amazon. Planning a multi £100s shop, sprinkled amongst some groceries seeing as I’ll be there, for this purpose alone.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.