Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Issue upgrading Qatar flight with Avios

• RK228 204 posts

Hi there,

I’m looking for advice regarding below scenario.

On Qatar’s website and app it shows availability to upgrade our outbound leg to Doha (of EDI-DOH-KUL itinerary) in the first week of July for 20,000 Avios and £94 per person. When I go through process to do this though, my Amex gets charged, but the booking doesn’t complete with error message indicating a “technical issue”. I have tried on the website and app with same result.

Qatar CS, who responded quite quickly to my messages, were only able to advise that the booking didn’t complete, any charges would be reverted, that there was availability to upgrade, and to just try again.

I thought maybe it was phantom availability, but CS said they could see availability and a regular reward search for the route shows availability to purchase reward tickets in business for that flight for three people (so suggests to me I should be able to upgrade this flight for three people).

Anybody have any thoughts or advice on how to get around this issue or whether it’s even worth the hassle?

Swiss Jim 48 posts

You need Avios in your Qatar account, not in your BA account…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.