Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Jan Honeymoon with Baby

• james20 5 posts

Evening all. Looking for recommendations for a Honeymoon in late Jan next year. We will be travelling with a 1 year old baby for 2 weeks. Looking for somewhere with warm weather. Thinking of travelling east as west seems expensive. Struggling to find any reasonably priced flights or ex-EU deals.

Richie 987 posts

easyJet’s flights to Aqaba are cheapish and it should be warm.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

Tell us all what seats you have reserved for you and baby once you’ve booked 😉

memesweeper 1,253 posts

+1 for Jordan. I’d do multi-centre not just Aqaba.

Sub-Saharan Africa has a lot to offer at that time of year.

Olly 242 posts

We took both our kids to South Africa when they were the same age. The overnight flights and lack of time difference is really helpful so as to not disrupt their routines too much, and it’s a very easy (and beautiful) country to travel around.

John 1,000 posts

Ex-EU multi-centre trip to sub-Saharan Africa with a 1 year old. Lol.

South Africa (ok, technically also sub-Saharan) may be a good choice as long as you can find a deal in January. Max 1-stop in western Europe, as going via Doha etc negates the benefit of no time difference.

I wouldn’t personally choose Dubai or similar, but I can see why Rob and others like it for kids/babies.

Jordan may be ok, I’ve not been myself but plan to go next year. My concerns would be that transport appears to be mainly private cars so you need to arrange or bring a suitable car seat, and difficulty of sourcing necessary supplies like nappies. You don’t want to spend time looking for baby shops and trying to decide between unfamiliar products, but bags will get very heavy if you bring everything from the UK.

If you can go in early November or wait until late February, Italy/Greece/Malta/Cyprus may work. Warm weather can’t be guaranteed but I’ve been lucky on all my trips there over the past 10 years, perfect time to go IMO, always been mostly sunny and not too hot. Don’t know what prices will be like this year but booking at short notice will at least ensure you avoid a blizzard. Of course, you can go outside school holidays so it shouldn’t be too bad.

If not for covid restrictions I’d have brought my son to Thailand and Australia during UK winter when he was 1, those would have been warm for sure. But I have other reasons to go and relatives there who would help. Otherwise 12 months is not a great time to travel. While every baby is different, at least for mine, around 3-5 months we could more or less do whatever we liked because he still slept a lot, was only breastfed, and could be carried on our fronts or backs all day long. At around 9-15 months, we needed to specially prepare all his meals as he couldn’t just eat restaurant food, he wanted to move around all the time but he wasn’t good at walking yet, he wanted to play with everything but we weren’t exactly going to bring all his toys on trips, and we weren’t going to stick him in front of cocomelon for 4 hours like some parents seem to do on long train journeys and flights (and then spend the time uploading pics to social media trying to show what great parents they are)

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Depends on what you want during the holiday. Just relax at resort? One of the gulf resorts like in RAK would be perfect. WA or the two Ritz…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.