Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Kimpton Fitzroy breakfast

• dst87 264 posts

With an upcoming booking in a few weeks I’m trying to work out where the hotel served breakfast, and what might be included as part of the Diamond amenity.

On the website, only Burr & Co seems to have a breakfast menu, but reviews suggest a buffet is available somewhere.

Does anyone have a recent experience? I’m trying to work out if it’s worth taking the breakfast as the amenity – seems hard to imagine it won’t be worth getting on a 4 night stay, but there are so many options in the area.

NorthernLass 7,563 posts

We went for 3 nights last year via Emyr so had breakfast included as it was before Diamonds got it. It was table service (which could have been a covid thing) and it was pretty good with a few different hot options. It was in the main restaurant – I can’t remember the name but I think it’s supposed to be similar to the one on Titanic! It was very lovely, anyway. On the last morning we asked if we could have it in our room (we got upgraded to a beautiful junior suite) and they didn’t even charge extra for that. It was one of the best hotel stays we’ve ever had!

*But they’re really helpful so if you call or email I’m sure they’d tell you!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

There is a Pret directly opposite.

Frankly, however, given that the alternative is 1,000 IHG points which I’d value at £4, you’d be mad to give up four breakfasts for this. Even if you only walk in, grab a coffee and walk out you’re saving £2.70 per day vs Pret.

Amy C 372 posts

I had buffet breakfast there in May at The Galvin. I found it a little odd. From memory, even though I’d paid for breakfast with the booking, they wanted to charge me again for anything cooked, inc toast! I think I had to pay extra for orange juice too but might be wrong. While the buffet was good it wasn’t as great or varied as I was expecting. I’ve stayed at The Conrad and The Biltmore this week and the breakfasts in both were significantly better.

dst87 264 posts

Thanks all. Rob you have a point about the relative value of other options so I’ll definitely take the breakfast.

Good to hear that there may be the option of using it for room service. That could be a nice treat one morning, maybe on Monday before we leave to catch the train home.

Odd about the upcharge for cooked items. I think the diamond amenity specifically mentions cooked breakfast, so hopefully I won’t have that issue.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.