Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Las Vegas time-killing

• Mick S 271 posts

anyone got some good tips on how to fill in a couple of spare days. I’m happy to collect a car and explore a bit further.
    Done the usual tourist type of things, Hoover Damn, Grand Canyon etc.

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Here’s a few thoughts. Not sure if you’ve seen them already.

Red Rock Canyon
    Valley Of Fire State Park
    Neon Museum
    Lake Mead
    Clark County Museum

Or just see lots of shows…

BP 48 posts

2 things I REALLY liked in Vegas:

Purple Reign: The Prince Tribute Show
    Absinthe Show

pbcold 348 posts

Premium Outlets, “O” @ Bellagio, Gamblers` bookshop.

Neil 14 posts

Not sure what its like at present as everyone is travelling and prices are high for standard rentals but lots of more interesting car rental options in Vegas if you like driving and want to visit a few places outside the city

StanTheMan 217 posts

how about an 8 ball and 2 hookers?

Richie 992 posts

Have a signature Louvre cocktail at Vanderpump a Paris.

The Savage Squirrel 571 posts

Well if ever there’s a city it’s easy to “lose” a couple of day…. 😀 However I’m assuming from the post that you’ve seen the Strip and Downtown sights and you’re looking for something else beyond the typical Vegas gamble/eat/drink/shopping/shows/clubs/drugs/strippers/hookers experience (I don’t partake in all of those by the way….) so taking it mostly a little more highbrow than that, the following are all either excellent or good:

Pinball Hall of Fame
    Neon Boneyard Museum
    Mob museum
    Atomic Testing Museum
    Check out the conventions in town on your dates – there are so many there may be one right up your street.
    UNLV art gallery and frequent public lectures
    Downtown Container Park
    Downtown Zipline
    High Roller Big Wheel
    Red Rock Canyon
    Mt Charleston Wilderness
    Springs Preserve
    Wet’n’Wild.

Death Valley and the surroundings are awesome if you don’t mind driving a little further.

Red Rock, South Point, Green Valley Ranch and the M are all decent off-strip resorts in Vegas. To close on a points angle, how about a couple of points nights in the Hilton by Lake Las Vegas with plenty of watersports options nearby.

Rui N. 831 posts

gamble/eat/drink/shopping/shows/clubs/drugs/strippers/hookers experience (I don’t partake in all of those by the way….)

I also don’t do clubs.

The Savage Squirrel 571 posts

gamble/eat/drink/shopping/shows/clubs/drugs/strippers/hookers experience (I don’t partake in all of those by the way….)

I also don’t do clubs.

Given Vegas’s numerous clusters of soulless Prada/Gucci/Dior/Versace/Rolex/whatever boutiques, I’d be the most disappointed if someone thought I was interested in shopping. 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.