Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club LHR -SIN, SIN-SYD then SYD-LHR on same 241 voucher?

• Kateostrowski 5 posts

Good evening, have booked all of the above flights using avios and a 241 voucher. The London – Singapore and Singapore -Sydney I have managed to apply the same 241 voucher (booked at midnight using a second 241 and called the next day and got the 1st 241 applied to the Singapore-Sydney flight and so the 2nd voucher re-instated. I booked the return Sydney-Heathrow flight last night online at midnight (after calling the US number and being told that because I was calling from the UK they could not book for me 🤔🤔). I’ve just tried to make the same adjustment with the call centre but was told that I can’t do this as I’m not returning from the same place? Does anyone know if it is possible please to use one companion voucher for these 3 flights? They are within a month of each other. Thank you

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

It would be helpful if you could be clearer about what exactly you’ve done here.

Have you booked LHR-SIN-SYD all on one PNR, with the 241?

If so, you should be able to request 50% avios back for the return leg, if you have booked it online at full avios (and it hadn’t been released when you booked the outbound). Again, it’s not clear if this is what you’ve done/are trying to do!

Kateostrowski 5 posts

Apologies for the confusion, and thank you for your reply. I had two 241 vouchers. I booked the LHR-SIN & SIN-SYD on the 1st voucher. As I could not book the return by phone (because the BA representative said they were unable to do this) using the 1st voucher I had to use the 2nd voucher online to book the SYD-LHR leg (I did not have enough avios points left to book without using a voucher)

What I was trying to ascertain is whether one 241 voucher could be redeemed against all 3 flights and if this was the case I would call BA again to ask them to reinstate the 2nd voucher.

I hope this makes more sense and thank you again.

BBbetter 642 posts

Looks like OP booked a stopover on the outbound. Didn’t know that was even possible on one voucher.

Kateostrowski 5 posts

Yes I did manage to book a stopover. Again did it online using my 2nd voucher but in that case when I phoned BA they were happy to apply one 24q to both flights and reinstate the 2nd voucher to my account

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

So have you still got the return leg booked with the second voucher?

If so, you’ll need to cancel this, and either rebook at full avios then request 50% back from BA OR cancel and call BA, and ask them to add the inbound leg to your outbound booking. As you say you needed to use your second voucher, I’m guessing you won’t have enough avios for the first option. The seats will most likely reappear but you’ll have to work quickly to rebook them.

What the agent would have done when you called was cancel your 2 booked flights and rebooked them as one, thus releasing the 2nd voucher back into your account. I don’t think all agents would be willing or able to do this so you’ve done very well to get a stopover on this route.

The agent you spoke to may have been inexperienced or just confused by what you were asking. You probably need to do some research on here about using the 241 so you know exactly what to ask for.

tiriavpo 312 posts

You should be able to achieve the title route on one voucher. Yes, you can plan a stopover in SIN, if you book it online it gives you the option.

The issue is that you should not be booking subsequent legs using another voucher – if booking them online, you should book using just avios then call to apply the original voucher to the new sectors. You might want to try to call up, explain what you have done, and what you should have done – they may be able to cancel the return booking and hang on the the seats to add them to your existing outbound.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.