Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Limit on evouchers for BA Holidays

• Niall 113 posts

Apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn’t find it!

I have ended up with quite a few evouchers. A BA Holiday booking seems a good way to use them. Is there a limit on how many can be applied when emailed to BA holidays?

yonasl 952 posts

If you mean evoucher you got when you cancelled BA flights, my understanding is you cannot use those with BA holidays. You will need to use them to book a flight and then have 24 hrs to add a car or hotel. This will package everything meaning you get extra protection in case of cancellation/change of plans.

yonasl 952 posts

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/evouchers

You can use an eVoucher to pay for flights. You can’t currently use it to pay for a BA Holidays booking online or extras, such as seating or baggage.

I wonder if the mention of “online” means you can still use the evoucher over the phone. 🤷

Niall 113 posts

Thanks yonasl, but it’s well documented here that despite that term, you can email to BA holidays to have evouchers (yes for cancelled flights) applied to BA Holidays bookings. I’m wondering if anyone knows of a limit or has used a particularly large number of them against their booking(s). Thanks

ChrisC 956 posts

You can use evouchere for a BA holidays but you either need to phone to use them or make an online holidays booking to pay the deposit and then email them to apply the vouchers.

I have done both with no issues. I prefer the online booking and then email them re the vouchers option.

I think the maximum is 3 vouchers but it could be 4.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    yonasl 952 posts

Thanks yonasl, but it’s well documented here that despite that term, you can email to BA holidays to have evouchers (yes for cancelled flights) applied to BA Holidays bookings. I’m wondering if anyone knows of a limit or has used a particularly large number of them against their booking(s). Thanks

That’s great to know. Thank you for confirming!

John 1,000 posts

You can combine an theoretically unlimited number of evouchers into one by finding a flight priced as little as possible over the total amount of your voucher values, and then evouchering that. You will have to pay the £1 or so excess obviously. Max 4 vouchers at once but just repeat the process over and over

Niall 113 posts

Cheers John! Had realised this (/probably saw someone else post it a while ago). Just have a lot of small value evouchers to combine this way. What do you mean by £1 excess though? I think I’ve booked flights entirely with evouchers before, so imagine I can use up say 3 £70 evouchers on a £210 flight and get the £10 change without further cash. Or do you need to add some cash to get it back as 1 evoucher?

ChrisC 956 posts

3 x 70 is 210 so no change is due 🙂

When you cancel a flight paid for with multiple vouchers (and extra cash if needed) you get a single e-voucher back

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Niall 113 posts

3 x 70 is 210 so no change is due 🙂

When you cancel a flight paid for with multiple vouchers (and extra cash if needed) you get a single e-voucher back

Haha, meant to type £200 but obviously had £210 on the brain 😂. Cheers

duggie1982 261 posts

Handy to know as have a couple of BA holidays booked with just deposits paid and have a flight evoucher that i will email ba holidays with to add this to my booking, cheers as was struggling to use just a flight before it expires (flight completed by april 2023), not sure if that date has since changed with new t&c’s

ChrisC 956 posts

Can be used for a trip to be completed by 30 September 2023 which has been the date for quite some time now.

aryan87 2 posts

Apologies for bringing this old thread back, but could someone post the BA Holidays email address? I wish to make a holiday booking with my eVoucher, so if someone could share that with me so I could request that they apply my voucher to the booking. Thanks!

WaynedP 258 posts
    aryan87 2 posts

Thanks! I think I had an incorrect email prior!

yonasl 952 posts

You can use the evoucher calling or on the chat. BA will refund the money to the card used to pay for the original flight.

In the past the voucher would be applied to the booking but BA seems to have had some issues with that and now simply offer a cash refund.

Btw, this means that if you have a BA holiday and a bunch of evoucher you don’t know what to do with you can simply ask them to be added to the BA holiday booking and will get the money back (your choice then if you want to use the money for the BA holiday booking or something else).

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,051 posts

The only time I’ve received a refund is where the value of the vouchers has exceeded the value of the holiday balance due.

cabal of rabid baboons 109 posts

As Yonsai comments, e-vouchers are now being returned via the original payment method

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.