Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Login process is a bit funky

• masaccio 722 posts

Getting a password offered in my browser with an option to ‘save’ was very odd and unlike any forum I’ve seen before. Save where? In the end I did a password reset and copied the password into my password manager (the text was wider than the frame it was in so needed to scroll the selection).

Anyway I quite obviously registered but was a bit unusual.

Ian 40 posts

Have to agree.

Looks a bit suspicious when a site volunteers a password.

modestpointscollector 64 posts

+1 – These style of password pages make it a bit of a pain for keychain on Mac to suggest a password as there’s no user ID on the same page to get it to fire up. I ended up using the suggested password and copied it, then the action of logging in to the account with it prompted Safari to then save the password and username combo into Keychain. They seem to be getting more popular so i’m not sure if it’s one particular module insisting on this type of process or just becoming more fashionable… but i would definitely be happier with a more usual experience from a password manager (be that keychain or anything else like lastpass, 1password etc.)

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Tocsin 61 posts

When I registered last week, Google offered a generated password – seemed to work ok.

When I logged in today, those details pre-populated but when I clicked to login I got an error relating to the CAPTCHA not being done and re-presenting login details. After failing the same way twice, I manually went back to the first page and this time logged in successfully.

cinereus 161 posts

It’s cos they are using this dodgy non-standard bbPress software. It is an odd design choice for sure.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.