Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Lose my Virgin Atlantic 241 vouchers

• ChrisB 4 posts

I’ve now banked three 241 vouchers on my Virgin Atlantic reward+ card but am thinking of cancelling it now as, being retired, the fee is no longer worth the benefits to us.
    I’m sure this question has been asked before but I have searched the forums and can’t find an answer so apologies in advance for a probable duplicate!
    I understand the 100k points I’ve got are protected in the Virgin Red system but if I cancel my reward+ card when it expires in September will I lose the 241 vouchers?

degsy 151 posts

No I don’t think cancelling the card means you lose any vouchers. Note though I think the vouchers expire after 2 yrs so worth checking the expiry dates of these to make sure you don’t lose any that way.

Olly 242 posts

Yep, once loaded to your Flying club account they will remain there for 2 years regardless of when you cancel the credit card. Same as Amex vouchers on BA

slidey 287 posts

Theres still no way to see what vouchers you have on Virgin is there?

ChrisB 4 posts

. There certainly doesn’t seem to be an accurate way no! I scrolled through the Flying Club “my activity” year-by-year using the custom dates option and not all are there. I also used their SMS facility last year to check how many I had and more importantly what expiry dates (as I’d read they were being extended). This was crazy busy but I did get a definitive reply within less than 24 hours.

Reney 763 posts

. There certainly doesn’t seem to be an accurate way no! I scrolled through the Flying Club “my activity” year-by-year using the custom dates option and not all are there. I also used their SMS facility last year to check how many I had and more importantly what expiry dates (as I’d read they were being extended). This was crazy busy but I did get a definitive reply within less than 24 hours.

I used online chat a few weeks ago, got told in say 20 mins?

FREEFLIGHTS 54 posts

I phoned up the other day and got through in a matter of minutes.

I have heard that you can gift your vouchers to another member, but I have no hard facts about how it is done.

ffwd 58 posts

I phoned to get my expiry dates and got a surprise as the one that I earned a year later expires first. (I telephoned the Flying Club to get the expiry dates and got through in 5 mins).
    Earned 25/1/21 expires 25/1/24
    Earned 18/1/22 expires 18/1/24

mrcrsearle 99 posts

Im sure during the pandemic Virgin gave the holder of a voucher an extra year to use. Its normally two years.

Reney 763 posts

I phoned up the other day and got through in a matter of minutes.

I have heard that you can gift your vouchers to another member, but I have no hard facts about how it is done.

Virgin have previously allowed me to book flights for my parents using my points and vouchers – never actually took the flights in the end but can book them no problem.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.