Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Lounge access at Delhi International Airport

• velveteen_queen 5 posts

Hi All,

It looks like all the Premium Plaza lounges at Delhi International have been replaced by Encalm. Does anyone know how I can get access to this lounge? It looks like you either have to have an Indian credit card or be flying with a partner airline, but there’s no information on who the partner airlines are.

I can’t get into the Amex lounge as my BA Amex Premium card is not a proper Centurion card, and Dragonpass shows no available lounges, so I can’t use that either.

Thanks in advance!

can2 469 posts

Uhm, for the Amex Centurion lounge you only need a Platinum. Since you mention Plaza, it sounds like you may have it. Plat gets you in to all Encalm lounges too, which you can double check from the Amex app

shub 89 posts

Amex Centurion lounge at Delhi airport is on the Domestic side. Priority pass does give access to Encalm lounge.

BBbetter 649 posts

Even the Amex lounges in India are now operated by Encalm. It’s a monopoly racket and all lounges have gotten worse. You might be better off choosing a good restaurant.

velveteen_queen 5 posts

Amex Centurion lounge at Delhi airport is on the Domestic side. Priority pass does give access to Encalm lounge.

I don’t have a Platinum Amex :-(. I spoke to Amex customer service and they said that my BA Amex Premium card would not get me into the lounge.

I don’t have priority pass, only dragon pass through my bank

anuj 100 posts

Encalm Lounge (International T3) seems to be in the dragon pass scheme from a cursory look?

velveteen_queen 5 posts

Encalm Lounge (International T3) seems to be in the dragon pass scheme from a cursory look?

Thanks but I checked my dragon pass (which I get through my bank) and there are no lounges in Delhi available

AFKAE 147 posts

You’re not missing much. About a year ago I went in the one Virgin use (can’t remember the name) but it was grim. Walked around for a few minutes to find two separate seats (me & mrs). Then a bit later managed to get 2 together. Bar service for drinks very slow. On a par with No 1 lounge in Birmingham!!

anuj 100 posts

Thanks but I checked my dragon pass (which I get through my bank) and there are no lounges in Delhi available

This might sound silly, but in the dragon pass list I saw they didn’t organise it by city name so D for Delhi but the airport name so it was further down under Indira Gandhi international airport Delhi so maybe just double check !

velveteen_queen 5 posts

This might sound silly, but in the dragon pass list I saw they didn’t organise it by city name so D for Delhi but the airport name so it was further down under Indira Gandhi international airport Delhi so maybe just double check !

I’ve looked in the app and there is nothing. I looked online and I can see Indira Gandhi Airport but if you click through, all the lounges are unavailable

supergraeme 128 posts

If it’s a domestic flight it will be rammed and there’s only a pay bar. The food was fantastic though – get dosa after dosa.

Priority Pass holders skip the line of Indian credit card holders, of which there are many. Went in October.

GillyDee 92 posts

BA use the Encalm Prive lounge which was quite impressive. Spotlessly clean and huge amount of seating. Can’t speak for the F&B as we only had a coffee but it looked pretty extensive.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.