Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Lounge access (different classes)

• Smyth.mr 6 posts

Hi, I am travelling to Philli next week from Heathrow. My wife and I are going First Class, but my two kids flying economy on same flight (a combination of excess avios, and bad parenting). What is the situation with lounge access in that scenario. I assume i cant have them in the 1st class lounge with me pre flight? I must admit this is first redemption to business or fist so i am not sure of the rules (or how stringent) they are applied in terms of access pre flight. They are 15 and 12 so not babies, but likewise even i will feel guilty leaving them in Starbucks if we bugger off to access the lounge.

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Well done putting them in economy, character building! You can guest them, one each.

Richie 979 posts

Do you have silver or higher status with OW?

Smyth.mr 6 posts

No I have basic status (Blue). I had heard somewhere I could guest one person per booking, but website suggests otherwise and on the phone they didnt seem sure? Hence asking here.

cabal of rabid baboons 109 posts

You’ll all get in the first lounge but I think you’ll need a stroke of luck to get them in the Concorde Room with you.

Biki 117 posts

If you are flying First you are allowed to guest 1 person each into the Concorde room. It’s a good benefit over business class, where you can only guest them into the lounge if you have silver status or higher.

So take one each through the first wing, then straight through the first lounge out the other side and into the concorde lounge 🙂

alig4th 322 posts

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/tiers-and-benefits/lounge-access

Although I’ll admit this does make it sound like you need to be Gold or Silver to get access (as well as flying First), which isn’t the case.

Smyth.mr 6 posts

If you are flying First you are allowed to guest 1 person each into the Concorde room. It’s a good benefit over business class, where you can only guest them into the lounge if you have silver status or higher.

So take one each through the first wing, then straight through the first lounge out the other side and into the concorde lounge 🙂

Oh thats great to know. And if we cant get in the Concorde room then so be it, i was just hoping to at least keep them with me until boarding. Fingers crossed that they apply it as you suspect, rather than as it reads. Thanks for the info.

NorthernLass 7,492 posts

I’ve guested my son into the CCR twice when my OH and I have been in F and he’s been slumming it in J, it’ll be fine.

Andrew J 768 posts

You would all have access to the First Wing and Concorde Room.

Whatsthepoint 124 posts

They should thank you for going first rather than slumming it in CW, so they can access the lounge 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.