Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Lounge access at LHR T2 with Amex Platinum

• squawk7700 83 posts

I understand that Priority Pass no longer works in most Plaza Premium lounges. But in a 2021 HfP post it mentions you can still gain access by showing the Amex Platinum. Is this correct? And does that still give the free guest benefit?

Andrew J 769 posts

Correct – you show your Platinum card rather than your Priority Pass and access is for you and guest.

aseftel 268 posts

Platinum cardholders (no guests) can also access a Lufthansa lounge if you are flying Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian.

comeocome 43 posts

Correct – you show your Platinum card rather than your Priority Pass and access is for you and guest.

Is this for all AMEX plat cardholders? Ie non-UK amex plat cardholders using this lounge in LHR too?

comeocome 43 posts

Platinum cardholders (no guests) can also access a Lufthansa lounge if you are flying Lufthansa, Swiss or Austrian.

Is this for all AMEX plat cardholders? Ie non-UK amex plat cardholders using this lounge in LHR too?

DanielD 15 posts

I’ve used this when flying Lufthansa group airlines in the past, but on Friday morning, I am flying on a Lufthansa plane on a United codeshare (LHR to FRA, as part of a wider itinerary to EWR). Would this still give access to the Lufthansa LHR T2 lounge with my Amex Plat.? Thanks in advance!

Crafty 150 posts

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread. But assuming this benefit remains, then my question is does it work for supplementary cardholders too? Can my full family of 4 thus gain access from: my Platinum, plus one guest; my wife’s supp, plus one guest?

We are going from T2 next weekend and keen to ensure we’ll get into a lounge (12 hour flight to Thailand).

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,093 posts

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread. But assuming this benefit remains, then my question is does it work for supplementary cardholders too? Can my full family of 4 thus gain access from: my Platinum, plus one guest; my wife’s supp, plus one guest?

We are going from T2 next weekend and keen to ensure we’ll get into a lounge (12 hour flight to Thailand).

Everyone needs to have this webpage bookmarked as it explains entry rules per lounge. https://global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card-idc-en?locale=en-US

Crafty 150 posts

Everyone needs to have this webpage bookmarked as it explains entry rules per lounge. https://global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card-idc-en?locale=en-US

Thanks for the link, but unless I’m missing something from the below, it doesn’t actually give the answer:

“This benefit is available to Platinum Card Members. Card Members receive complimentary access to any global location of Plaza Premium Lounges. Card Member must present his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and government-issued I.D. In some cases, Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Card Members may bring up to one (1) companion into Plaza Premium Lounges as complimentary guests. Card Member must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Card Members and his or her guests will receive all of the complimentary benefits and amenities afforded to the Plaza Premium Lounge customers, as well as access to purchase non-complimentary items. Some product features may be subject to additional charges. Plaza Premium Lounge locations are subject to change.”

Thanks for the link, but unless I’m missing something from the below, it doesn’t actually give the answer:

“This benefit is available to Platinum Card Members. Card Members receive complimentary access to any global location of Plaza Premium Lounges. Card Member must present his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and government-issued I.D. In some cases, Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Card Members may bring up to one (1) companion into Plaza Premium Lounges as complimentary guests. Card Member must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Card Members and his or her guests will receive all of the complimentary benefits and amenities afforded to the Plaza Premium Lounge customers, as well as access to purchase non-complimentary items. Some product features may be subject to additional charges. Plaza Premium Lounge locations are subject to change.”

Don’t look at the T&Cs. Flick over to the “access and guests” tab up top. 😉

To save you the suspense, “Platinum Card, confirmed boarding pass for same-day travel, and a government issued I.D.
    1 guest and children under 2 years are admitted free.”

A Plat card is a Plat card, whether main or supplementary. You can enter as a party of 4 on 2 Plats.

Crafty 150 posts

Thanks for the link, but unless I am missing something from the below, it doesn’t give the answer:

This benefit is available to Platinum Card Members. Card Members receive complimentary access to any global location of Plaza Premium Lounges. Card Member must present his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and government-issued I.D. In some cases, Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Card Members may bring up to one (1) companion into Plaza Premium Lounges as complimentary guests. Card Member must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Card Members and his or her guests will receive all of the complimentary benefits and amenities afforded to the Plaza Premium Lounge customers, as well as access to purchase non-complimentary items. Some product features may be subject to additional charges. Plaza Premium Lounge locations are subject to change.

tbtb31 75 posts

For UK cardholders the correct link is

There are plenty of differences to the US lounge policy, e.g. numbers of complimentary guests.

Crafty 150 posts

To save you the suspense, “Platinum Card, confirmed boarding pass for same-day travel, and a government issued I.D.
    1 guest and children under 2 years are admitted free.”

A Plat card is a Plat card, whether main or supplementary. You can enter as a party of 4 on 2 Plats.

Excellent. Thanks.

tbtb31 75 posts

For UK cardholders the correct link is

There are plenty of differences to the US lounge policy, e.g. numbers of complimentary guests.

https://global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card-idc-en?locale=en-UK

That UK link doesn’t load for me. Does it look the same as the webpage I sent?

tbtb31 75 posts

That UK link doesn’t load for me. Does it look the same as the webpage I sent?

Try https://global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card?locale=en-GB&extlink=va-uk-CPS-LFfindalounge

When you select the relevant lounge it will show you the UK card-specific access policy, rather than the US one.

Updated my bookmark thanks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.