Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Lounge access Manchester T1

• harris000 1 post

Hi all. Using my Amex Platinum priority pass at Manchester T1, I can see that the lounge options seem to be Aspire or Escape. What do folks think the chances are of getting in as a family of four without pre booking to either of them?

We’re flying EasyJet on the first Saturday of February half term, so was expecting the airport to be busy, but not necessarily the lounges.

Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts/experiences.

No Longer Entitled 117 posts

We are flying out of T1 as a family of four on the Friday the day before. For the sake of £6 I’d rather not end up in the zoo that is T1 so have pre-booked.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,098 posts

Zero chance of entry with PP without pre-booking.

NorthernLass 7,606 posts

As above, especially in school holidays! Lounges will be rammed, they generally have a big sign up saying don’t assume you’ll get in with PP.

I’ve been in the T1 Escape lounge once, at the end of the pandemic when masks were still mandatory. I paid for four of us just so we could sit at a table and remove the masks – the food was terrible, not even worth £6 each! It may have improved though, as the T3 offerings have been considerably better since then.

NorthernLass 7,606 posts

Other options include: queuing for a table in one of the mediocre restaurants/bring sandwiches (done both in the past couple of years)/treat yourself to the easyJet sourdough ham and cheese toastie. This is MAN!

shilly 111 posts

We used the escape lounge T1 at Xmas and although I had pre booked it the lounge was empty although this was early morning but I was surprised and there were no signs up saying they were full.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.