Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Malaysia Airlines Avios booking

• Mdjay 14 posts

Hi does anyone know why I can’t find any reward availability for direct return flights from LHR – Kuala Lumpur, with Malaysia Airlines?

I have searched a bunch of dates but no direct routes show up, although there should be 2 per day.

YC 229 posts

Even with enrich points u will struggle find the lowest rate of redemption for lon-kul. Demand still seems to be very high

The real Swiss Tony 654 posts

Malaysian isn’t obliged to release award availability and over the years have become increasingly tight in doing so anyway.

So I suspect you’re not doing anything wrong, it’s just not there in the first place.

Side note:
    I’d also wager that in the event you did manage to find award seats on the flight and for whatever reason that didn’t suit MH’s plans (i.e they could then sell them as revenue tickets) then you’d be in a whole world of pain when it comes to unpicking the situation. This is after all the airline that sold me a non refundable ticket, cancelled the route permanently then refused point blank to give me a refund because, yes, I had bought a non refundable ticket.

RK228 204 posts

Hi does anyone know why I can’t find any reward availability for direct return flights from LHR – Kuala Lumpur, with Malaysia Airlines?

I have seen reward seats for LHR-KUL with Malaysia Airlines, so there just are no reward seats available for the dates you’ve selected.

polly 289 posts

Recently, when we were returning from ?HKG, we found back up flights in F on MH from KUL to DUB, via LON. But absolutely nothing to LHR. We booked them in case we couldn’t get back to HKG, but fortunately didn’t have to use them. At least it gets you close to the U.K.!
    MH are very difficult to deal with, agree, with a cancelled flight.

ZoeB 88 posts

As part of our Multi carrier redemption trip to Australia in the spring we have routed home Kuala Lumpar- Mumbai -London
    I haven’t looked at availability since I managed to get it all booked.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.