Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Marriott best price policy in Dubai

• hugo r 282 posts

For the first time I’ve tried the best price policy for Marriott in Dxb for 3 different hotels and they have all been rejected

Wish to book a Marriott property based on HB, the prices on Marriott compared to online travel agents is vast , I presume it’s down to the fact that the 3 hotels in question are offering free HB via the online agents which Marriott isn’t offering , Will this be why there not honouring the price match.

The terms from what I can see (minus the free HB) are all the same.

I’ve cancelled the Marriott reservations now as as it seems silly to pay a vast amount more just to get points / night credits

Any advice appreciated

aseftel 267 posts

Sometimes, a hotel will match a rate you’ve seen elsewhere if you contact them directly. In theory it means more margin for the hotel and points/status benefits for you, but it’s a roll of the dice whether you can find someone at the hotel with the authority and motivation to sort something out for you.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,088 posts

Will this be why they’re not honouring the price match.

The terms from what I can see (minus the free HB) are all the same.

Any advice appreciated

Yes.

If the OTA rate includes breakfast and the direct route doesn’t then the bookings aren’t the same so best price matching will be rejected because of that because the bookings aren’t identical!

Anna 458 posts

I’ve booked Grosvenor House as a BA holiday for December as the HB included (which I think you can use at one of the other hotels as well) is far more valuable than my (now) Silver status would be. They seem to do everything they can to wriggle out of price matching so I don’t think it’s worth the effort a lot of the time!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

The best price policies are generally a joke.

You’ll usually find that one hotel has 3pm check-in whilst the cheaper deal has 2pm or 4pm – this disqualifies your claim. Same goes for a room being described as ‘double’ vs ‘king’ bedded, even if the hotel only has king bed rooms.

yorkshireRich 186 posts

Like people mentioned the other day on a thread, just email them directly and use any sort of “charm” you have.

yorkshireRich 186 posts

I’ve booked Grosvenor House as a BA holiday for December as the HB included (which I think you can use at one of the other hotels as well) is far more valuable than my (now) Silver status would be. They seem to do everything they can to wriggle out of price matching so I don’t think it’s worth the effort a lot of the time!

any restaurant in GH or LRM I believe. Some are set menus and some will give you an allowance.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.