Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Marriott Maldives hotels – best options?

• Tom2 113 posts

I have 600k points to use on a booking before the inevitable devaluation. The OH is set on The Maldives.

There appears to be a few front runners – St Regis, Ritz Carlton and the W, has anyone been to any of those?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Le Meridien is brand new and very cheap on points, may be worth adding in.

Key issues are transfer costs (can be $1,000 per person if a seaplane is required) and F&B when you’re there, with meals for a family potentially running to £500 at the top resorts. If you don’t want to pay this you need to factor it into your searching.

After that, it’s really down to what you want – some resorts have better reefs if diving is your thing, others have better kids facilities etc. I’d normally suggest you visit two resorts but the ‘5-4-4’ redemption offer makes it unattractive.

Be wary of being seduced by the idea of overwater bungalows – some people find that they hate them once in one. Only time we went to the Maldives we had a beachfront villa at Reethi Rah (didn’t pay, won it!) and I think we both agreed that private beachfront villa worked better for us than an overwater villa – for a start, you don’t have a beach 5 seconds from your front door. Get to the beach and you’ve forgotten your sunglasses? That’s a l-o-n-g walk back.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.