Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Melia Gold via Amex Platinum?

• The Original Nick 112 posts

Hi- Can anyone help out here as I can’t remember how to upgrade Melia rewards account to Gold. It’s not for me as I have held my Amex card for years but a friend of mine has asked. Can anyone help out on how to upgrade please?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,205 posts
    Erico1875 145 posts

There’s also Amex Experiences App, available via Google Play and I assume Apple store
    It has all the benefits and events
    available in the one place.

elguiri 216 posts

Worth noting, once upgraded to Gold you should start seeing (only on birthday?) birthday gift. Mine was either room upgrade or 20% off stay. As I don’t trust what counts as applicable upgrade (facing different direction/higher floor), I went with 20% discount and saved £180 compared to normal direct price. Even £50 cheaper than the combined hotels.com/TCB savings.

kevinchoi 96 posts

Worth noting, once upgraded to Gold you should start seeing (only on birthday?) birthday gift. Mine was either room upgrade or 20% off stay. As I don’t trust what counts as applicable upgrade (facing different direction/higher floor), I went with 20% discount and saved £180 compared to normal direct price. Even £50 cheaper than the combined hotels.com/TCB savings.

I normally go for the upgrade rather than the 20% off, as you would get three 20% off vouchers anyway with Melia Gold. You can then have both the 20% off and the upgrade for the same stay, but i don’t think you can use two 20% off vouchers at the same time.

I’ve just stayed in the one in Prague last week, and got upgraded to a suite-like room, so I’d consider it quite a good upgrade!

elguiri 216 posts

I normally go for the upgrade rather than the 20% off, as you would get three 20% off vouchers anyway with Melia Gold. You can then have both the 20% off and the upgrade for the same stay, but i don’t think you can use two 20% off vouchers at the same time.

I’ve just stayed in the one in Prague last week, and got upgraded to a suite-like room, so I’d consider it quite a good upgrade!

I wasn’t sure whether those 20%s still appear per year, as I couldn’t see them anywhere in my account, only the birthday promotion…

FFoxSake 217 posts

I wasn’t sure whether those 20%s still appear per year, as I couldn’t see them anywhere in my account, only the birthday promotion…

Ditto, same problem here.
    Platinum Amex got me Melia Gold Nov last year but no sign of any 20% off vouchers (just a Birthday choice)

elguiri 216 posts

Platinum Amex got me Melia Gold Nov last year but no sign of any 20% off vouchers (just a Birthday choice)

Maybe someone will enlighten us as to if and where these elusive 3 vouchers exist.

sloth 315 posts

Maybe someone will enlighten us as to if and where these elusive 3 vouchers exist.

I replied on the other thread asking exactly the same. Check in the App under profile, my promotions. They should be there, still are for me, despite using the 20% vouchers 4 times in the last year….

elguiri 216 posts

Thanks @sloth – it seems in the online account they don’t appear for me, but just downloaded the app and they do! Useful saving of £100 again

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.