Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• kcop520 1 post

I have a gold card with them and see that they have cancelled about 40,000 points because of inactivity for just 12 months. Is this normal or is their Rewards program the worst going? No other program I am a member of (gold, platinum or diamond) would do this would they? Their helpline said I could “reclaim” them. Anyone know how?

Niall 113 posts

12 month expiry is normal for MeliáRewards. It is also about the worst expiry time limit of a hotel loyalty scheme, so in that way I guess not normal. They did at least stop expiry during covid so I expect you’ve had over 12 months really but would have to check the dates that applied.

No idea on the reclaim process, so hope someone who has seen it will chime in. In general to email/contact MeliáRewards you should go to the missing points claim page on their site. There is no point talking to the helpline who know nothing about MeliáRewards and are generally pretty bad.

There was a big devaluation earlier this year though, so at least if you have lost them you have lost something worth a lot less than it was worth a year ago!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.