Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes World of Hyatt MGM Rewards Gold: Solid opportunity to rack up Hyatt elite nights?

• EDB99 32 posts

As posted on several blogs, M Life will become MGM Rewards on Feb 1 and introduce new benefits at the same time. From the perspective of Hyatt Globalists/Explorists (which may match to MGM Gold), the most important change is the new resort fee waiver.

I’m looking at midweek Las Vegas room rates. Without resort fees, you can do four nights (Sunday to Thursday) in March at Excalibur for $123.36 all-in which is equivalent to GBP 22.76 per night. As MGM nights count as qualifying for Hyatt, this is a great mattress running opportunity for our friends across the pond for sure.

From a UK perspective, I have not quite made up my mind to which extent I will exploit this. Let’s say, I’m at least tempted to tag on a few LV MGM nights to future trips to the US.

What are your thoughts?

spawn606 47 posts

Yes this is indeed an amazing opportunity, particular as most of the CA Hyatt properties are being screwed by the devaluation..their silver lining being that they are 1 hour flight away from milking this.

I think this would potentially be an awesome opportunity to bag some nights if say, you wanted to visit CA. Potentially doing LHR > LAS return where you arrive, check-in to Excalibur, see vegas for a day or 2 before going off on your roadtrip, then flying back, repeating before leaving back for Europe.

The problem here is the opportunity cost of involving this in your trip each time. I doubt it would be super useful outside maybe once a year to rack up some cheap elite nights but outside of that, I’d probably rather pay an additional £40-60 p/n to visit diff Hyatt properties within EU that are on the cheaper side

AndyGWP 275 posts

Do you know if you can status match Caesars Rewards to MGM? (there was a time you could, but you had to do it whilst in Vegas – unsure if it still exists as an opportunity)

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Do you know if you can status match Caesars Rewards to MGM? (there was a time you could, but you had to do it whilst in Vegas – unsure if it still exists as an opportunity)

Looks like this was still available as recently as November per a report on Statusmatcher:
    https://www.statusmatcher.com/report/80245

The Savage Squirrel 570 posts

I’m looking at midweek Las Vegas room rates. Without resort fees, you can do four nights (Sunday to Thursday) in March at Excalibur for $123.36 all-in which is equivalent to GBP 22.76 per night. As MGM nights count as qualifying for Hyatt, this is a great mattress running opportunity for our friends across the pond for sure.

What are your thoughts?

Several nights in the Trashy Castle would certainly be an experience for your supposed typical HfP reader 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.