Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Mifi & SIM for Spain

• memesweeper 1,255 posts

A friend has a family home in Spain, in use a few months a year by different people. Any recommendations on a data SIM that can be topped up remotely? Or a very cheap longer term plan? This is for a Mifi at the apartment. She has a Spanish bank account.

PeteM 709 posts

I was going to suggest Airalo, which allows tethering, but on second thoughts I guess they need a physical SIM for a router?

Richie 989 posts

Vodafone ES has good options.

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Vodafone ES has good options.

Second that. Vodafone shops will set up a PAYG Sim for you. Easy top up online (use PC as app useless) and usually good ‘boost’ offers. Also good for roaming elsewhere.

Roberto 282 posts

Lebara is what I use for my mobile data provider, can have up 150GB for €30 (last 28days).

Used it in a mifi unit when we had some carers staying at my MIL place and it worked really well with multiple users over many months using the “free” WiFi. There is options to top it up remotely if you need more data.

SamG 1,644 posts

Sounds like getting a sim locally would be perfect in this scenario. But if it helps I’ve saved one in my faves called Flexnet which isn’t particularly cheap but does seem offer big amounts of data and support in English.

I have an unlocked Huawei EE home 4g router from Ebay and I’ve used it quite extensively in my caravan and in apartments in Spain and it’s worked really well

Lobster is another English speaking one I’ve seen in Spain

ChrisBCN 237 posts

Depends how many months people will be in the house, but you can have fibre to the home for about 25 euros a month, might not be the cheapest but one to consider

e14 259 posts

Depends how many months people will be in the house, but you can have fibre to the home for about 25 euros a month, might not be the cheapest but one to consider

Exactly this

Telecable.es allows the internet to be connected and disconnected by emailing customer service €30 per month for 600 mb up/down FTTP

memesweeper 1,255 posts

Thanks all – will check these out

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.