Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Miles not counted in total

• al_wiltshire 27 posts

So I have a bit of a weird issue. One of my flights has appeared in my account, but the number of miles I received hasn’t affected my total number of miles. That is, I got about 12k miles for a recent flight, but the total miles stayed put. I’ve since had some more miles and the total went up, but the one from the flight are still missing.

I’ve tried looking in Virgin Red, but the mysterious flight doesn’t appear in there. It does appear in the app and the website, but neither count it towards my total miles.

Is this a known issue and is there any way of getting things recalculated? I assumed it was all done by computers so no manual intervention would be necessary! Luckily I have very few miles at the moment so unless I went negative, it’s impossible to have taken a flight and still be on the number of miles showing in my account.

Chas 139 posts

Sounds very strange. I think that Virgin Red is the central place (for want of a better term) where you see and manage your miles these days, so I suspect that there is an issue with the flights registering there which is why you don’t see your total correctly. When did you take the flight? I don’t know how the feeds between their different systems work, but it’s possible that it needs an overnight feed to refresh correctly? If it’s been a while, and you’ve already tried logging out and back in again on both your Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Red account (although that makes me sound like an IT Helpdesk…..), then I’d raise the issue with Virgin Red. Although I suspect that they will bounce you back to Virgin Atlantic and vice-versa…..!

al_wiltshire 27 posts

It’s been a couple of weeks, so I’m not expecting much to happen now. I transferred a few miles from Tesco because I wanted to see whether it just needed a prompt to do some kind of recalculation.

Account images

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.