Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Missing tier points and Avios

• Green Plastic 21 posts

Two separate issues:

1. At some point in late 2021 my tier points and avios stopped being posted automatically to my Executive Club account. It’s definitely not ‘just’ delayed – the points don’t post even after weeks of waiting. I have had to get in contact with BA each time in order for the points to be posted manually. Any recommendations for best approach to get this fixed?

2. The email address I had been using to get the points posted manually now seems to have stopped replying to me and helping me out. I won’t post the exact address, however it was the ‘social/executive club’ address for anyone who might know it. Does anyone have a suggestion for a different address to try?

I’ve tried direct messaging on Twitter but that appears to be a total dead end, I have no luck once I get past the bot (when it says I have been passed on to a representative, however no one ever replies after that).

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Bizarre. There is definitely a flag of some sort on your account – UNLESS these are partner flights, in which unfortunately missing flights is just part of the new BA service standards ….

Green Plastic 21 posts

Nope, all flights with BA. Haven’t done anything dodgy, all flights booked legitimately though work.

ChrisC 956 posts

Is it possible these booked through work tickets no longer attract avios and TPs or somehow the wrong BAEC number has been attached to the booking?

Green Plastic 21 posts

Manage my Booking displays the appropriate quantity of points whenever a booking is made. I’ve changed jobs too, so two different employers.

I’m an avid points guy so definitely make sure it’s the right BAEC each time 😉

In the absence of any other avenues to get the points posted I will continue chasing on the exec/social email address… I guess their response time is just way slower than it used to be.

PeteM 714 posts

I’d try Sean Doyle’s email – you occasionally get someone decent in the executive complaints team who wants to help!

StanTheMan 216 posts

Three times I got thru to BA yesterday on the silver line within 5 minutes – each time after a minute or so, the call cut off ! What they give with one hand, they take with the other !!!
    Even gave my phone number on the 3rd attempt which she read back to me – not that she called me back !

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.