Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Mogadishu recommendations

• Comrade Chag 79 posts

Good evening! Heading to Mogadishu for 2 nights/3 days trip next week. I would appreciate any recommendations, tips or advice!

FFoxSake 217 posts

Maybe avoid watching Black Hawk Down as the in-flight movie? 🙂

JDB 4,339 posts

And check your travel insurance. It’s on the FCDO advice against all travel list.

Andrew M 12 posts

Wikitravel.com has some useful tips https://wikitravel.org/en/Mogadishu

such as –

“Visitors are encouraged to stay inside for the duration of their stay.”
    “if you do not have an absolutely essential reason to go to Mogadishu, DO NOT DO IT!”
    “Independent travel will only get you killed”
    “the city remains extremely dangerous and near suicidal for independent travelers.”

Enjoy your trip.

Anna 458 posts

You are on fine form this week, Comrade! Have a great trip – no doubt you will be seeking recommendations for Kabul and Tijuana also.

Thegasman 204 posts
    gtellez 162 posts

You are on fine form this week, Comrade! Have a great trip – no doubt you will be seeking recommendations for Kabul and Tijuana also.

Never been to Mogadishu and Kabul, but I don’t think Tijuana is as bad, I was there in 2018 and quite enjoyed it!

NorthernLass 7,472 posts
    Comrade Chag 79 posts

https://untamedborders.com/destinations/somalia/

Give these guys a call…

Oh, now we talking. Damascus marathon was on a couple weeks ago.

Anna – you showing your affection in a weird way I have to admit. I want to remind you that you are (I think) married.

Don’t be a tourist snob! Some people visit “dark” places.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Lol, Comrade, nothing to do with snobbery – I’m very fond of the Costa del Sol, theme parks and other places which often elicit derision here. But travel insurance and embassy assistance if required are pre-requisites of any trip I take! I have to ask – does the Damascus marathon take place on the actual road to Damascus of New Testament fame, by any chance?

I will be very interested to read your trip report of Mogadishu.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.