Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Richard Peters 170 posts

In all the summer chaos I had flights cancelled and had to rebook which did eventually via call centre.

Ive an unexpected benefit

BA have now credited both the flown flights and the cancelled flights so moved up to gold 🙂

Was planning a final trip before 31/12 to move up to gold but now there.

Thoughts
    a) will an audit at BA rewards ever spot?
    b) just in case they do would you still take the additional flights to hit gold?

TIA

memesweeper 1,256 posts

A) There’s supposed to a follow-up process to deal with this… but I’d relax after 14 days
    B) Personally, no, but if you have a lot of economy (or even business) flying with BA planned over the next two years it may be worth it for you if you would otherwise pay for lounge and seat selection — lots of people here are delighted with the lounge perk, but for me the exit row for free is what I’m going to miss when I finally loose status.

Incidentally a combination of BA errors and Covid has meant I’ve had status I would not otherwise have earned for the last four TP collecting years, and I think tomorrow I start a new year, Silver again, huge BA error & reduced threshold for 2022 got me there. But 2023 — surely — I’ll loose it!

The Savage Squirrel 571 posts

I think tomorrow I start a new year, Silver again, huge BA error & reduced threshold for 2022 got me there. But 2023 — surely — I’ll loose it!

Or hopefully not! Much like markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent …. BA computer systems can remain bug-ridden for more years than you’d believe possible 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.