Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Mr & Mrs Smith hotels

• shilly 111 posts

Feeling very pleased with myself having booked a night at Cliveden, Chewton Glen and Heckfied Place all with 3 free night certificates with IHG must be the best redemption I have done. Anyone have experience of staying in a Mr & Mrs Smith hotel through IHG?

aseftel 267 posts

It’s just a Mr & Mrs Smith booking from the hotel’s point of view, they have no idea that IHG are involved. Two things to note are that the room rate may include breakfast despite being described as room only at IHG, and the check in/out times may be wrong at IHG.

shilly 111 posts

Thanks that’s good news re the breakfast, is there anyway of finding out which ones include breakfast? I seen that there are different extras provided such as a half bottle of champagne and chocolates in the room and a bottle wine in another.

Dace 52 posts

I can confirm that Mr and Mrs Smith treat the bookings as paid stays.

I was at the Blue Lagoon in mid-Feb on two vouchers back-to-back and got the full works, breakfast, afternoon tea, free mini-bar etc. They even went as far as giving me two Smith Extra’s (in this case a bottle of Moet) as they said that they thought they were two seperate bookings and so they had already had them to hand.

SimonD 10 posts

I’ve been pretty unlucky in that I seem to find very few Mr & Mrs Smith hotels on the places that I want to go to via IHG (or of they do appear they show no availability). I am guessing that a lot have opted out of the partnership. I seem to recall reading that Ambassador members get Goldsmith status (on stays booked via IHG); has anyone expierenced this?

Sam 96 posts

We’ve managed to book the artists residence in Brighton last ish minute. It’s a six bed which is perfect for us. No breakfast unfortunately 🙁 still, a bargain compared to cash price!

Aiming for clewton glen later in the year and will look at other recommendations on this thread too

jsto 75 posts

We went to Chewton Glen a month or so ago with a free night voucher and had a great experience. We did have to pay extra for breakfast, but got such good value overall that it didn’t bother us. Had champers and chocs waiting for us in the room as the Mr and Mrs Smith extra.

Heckfield Place is next on our list. It looks as though breakfast is included there, however it also appears they levy a 10% (discretionary) service charge on all guests, which I assume would be based on the value of the room. Make sure the new swimming pool/spa is open before you book though!

LauraW 5 posts

I’m intrigued – how did you get your free night certificate with IHG?

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

@LauraW, they do occasional offers linked to bookings, or it would have been via the now (mostly) defunct Creation mastercard.

Peter K 553 posts

We’re at the Grove of Narberth now and breakfast & free minibar is included. Booked 3 nights on points (lowest category room) and then a top category master suite using our last IHG free night cert. Called the hotel to ask if we could combine the bookings into one room for the whole stay at a level between the two categories. They were happy to put us in a deluxe room with amazing views for the total stay.
    Good fine dining restaurant and food intolerances catered for well.

YC 229 posts

Is it still available to book mr and mrs smith with free night certs? Also, assuming other ihg one benefits (breakfast/upgrade for diamond) are not applicable?

Peter K 553 posts

Is it still available to book mr and mrs smith with free night certs? Also, assuming other ihg one benefits (breakfast/upgrade for diamond) are not applicable?

I booked my free night cert about a month ago, maybe a little less. IHG benefits do not apply to Mr& Mrs Smith.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.