Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Multi carrier award success :)

• KD 33 posts

Just booked a successful oneworld multi-carrier reward with BA. A massive thank you to Rob and the headforpoints team for all the advice, it was truly a pleasure/nightmare finding availability for this itinerary.

Route: MAN – DOH – MEL – BNE – HTI – BNE // SYD – KUL – DOH – MAN
    It cost 240k avios + £810.80 in taxes and fees per person. Anybody have any idea how the fees are calculated and whether I’ve been overcharged or not?

I’ve linked the great circle mapper route below for those that are interested.

KD 33 posts
    SamG 1,644 posts

Good work! Doesn’t sound bad for the T&F, don’t think there is any way of checking (pricing up the legs on ITA matrix and adding those up will give you a rough idea perhaps)

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Are these itineraries covered by UK261?

Also is there a way to add a 2-4-1 voucher to bring down the number of avios required?

KD 33 posts

Good work! Doesn’t sound bad for the T&F, don’t think there is any way of checking (pricing up the legs on ITA matrix and adding those up will give you a rough idea perhaps)

My thoughts exactly. Didn’t think there was any real point arguing or asking for a manager for the sake of a couple hundred quid.

KD 33 posts

Also is there a way to add a 2-4-1 voucher to bring down the number of avios required?

Unsure on the UK261 someone may have to confirm that.

As for the companion voucher you won’t be able to use it in the same booking. It’ll have to be two separate bookings. Don’t think there’ll be much Avios difference to be honest and your taxes will be likely be higher with BA

JDB 4,378 posts

You would only be covered by UK261 for the ex-UK flight and any immediate connection from that flight. None of the rest is covered.

You can’t add a companion voucher to an existing booking and for the OP’s itinerary, doesn’t look as though any flights are on BA.

ZoeB 88 posts

I queried the taxes on my recent booking, they said they would send it back to fares to check. It came back the same, the agent then basically says like it or lump it. Well they waffle on about it being complex and they can’t see it etc first…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.