Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Multiple connections on BA award booking

• Scott 240 posts

For award bookings, do BA permit more than one connection on a flight, e.g. xxx-MAD + MAD-LHR + LHR-GLA ?

I’m searching online using a 241 for what would be a mix of IB and BA flights.

If I search xxx-LHR I get shown a direct BA flight from xxx-LHR as well as connecting partner flights xxx-MAD + MAD-LHR with both legs on IB.
    When I change the final destination to GLA only the BA flight is offered for the LH leg, so no option of flying IB with a connection in MAD.

Searching again to LHR but for a date when the direct BA flight has no award availability I get shown IB xxx-MAD as before, this time with a choice of BA or IB for MAD-LHR.
    However, when I amend the final destination to GLA, no results are returned.

It’s possible on the Iberia website, offering xxx-MAD + MAD-LHR (both on IB) + LHR-GLA (on BA). However, I want to use a 241 so needs to be booked through BA.

It looks like if it is even possible, it would have to be done by phone.

JDB 4,378 posts

There isn’t anything to prohibit this with a 241 voucher the use of which is also subject to the BAEC Avios terms that require the most direct route to be taken and a maximum of eight sectors in total. So in theory this ought to be possible but obviously requires availability on every sector and quite probably a call to book.

Scott 240 posts

Thanks for the reply.

That’s interesting about the T&Cs requiring the most direct route – what does this mean in practice? As BA are offering both a direct to LHR and via a MAD connection, then it appears this term doesn’t apply in every circumstance.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.