Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Nectar supp & couple churn strategy questions

• paullie 1 post

Hi all

Having gone through a job with other CC benefits and having children, I’ve not restarted my churn journey again. Started off with the Nectar Amex and I have two questions around this. I’ve tried searching but can’t get the hang of the right query to find what I want, so apologies if it has been posted already. And I’ve gone back several pages through this forum to see if there were similar questions.

1. I’m sure I saw an article with a bonus for adding a supp card to my Nectar. Have I missed the boat on this, or have I been imagining thing? Unable to find any reference to this via google too.

2. I’m almost read to hit my 2k spend on my Nectar, at which point I’ll refer my partner and start her 2k target. Do I need to deactivate my Nectar Amex at any point? Once my partner has hit the target, she’ll refer me for the Platinum. Does this referral “upgrade” my Amex card to the Platinum, or will I hold both the Platinum and the Nectar?
    Similar question holds further down the line when we move from Platinum to BAPP.

Thanks in advance.

zapato1060 639 posts

1) When you log into your Nectar Amex there should be a referral section. That link is what you send your OH.

2) No need to deactivate. You could in theory close it if you wish after referral and bonuses have posted or keep it. The same for any card in future you both get after referrals.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2024/01/01/what-amex-sign-up-bonuses-are-you-still-eligible-for-3/

j22262 18 posts

1. I’m sure I saw an article with a bonus for adding a supp card to my Nectar. Have I missed the boat on this, or have I been imagining thing? Unable to find any reference to this via google too.

The supplementary card is in the section to ‘Add Someone to Your Account’ in the Accounts tab in the Amex app. You should get 3000 Nectar points for getting the additional card for P2. You can then do the reverse on the next card that P2 applies for to get a supplementary card for you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.