Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Mikeact 229 posts

Interestingly, during lock down and subsequently, I started making a list of all those BA ‘Never again ‘ that posted on here. I see that many are still travelling BA…I guess all is forgiven.

ChrisBCN 233 posts

Haha yes one or two of the most prolific ‘never again’ people are still booking BA. First, it was ‘im using up avios/vouchers’ now they are paying cash…

Richie 980 posts

Aren’t they waiting to drop to Bronze?

PlaneyMcPlaneFace 34 posts

I was a never again after flying with BA in the early 2000s when seats were changed and check staff were awful, then we flew with them again in 2017 to Tampa in WT+ and it was the worse imaginable flight, never never again! 2022 I’m finding avios easier to collect than virgin points so saving up for another never again but hopefully in business 🙂

NorthernLass 7,476 posts

I’ve genuinely got enough avios and vouchers to last till summer 2024, which coincidentally is when I will drop to Bronze! At that point we will be unhindered by school holiday dates and can hopefully move to Virgin and QR from MAN (MAN being the fly in the ointment, but you can’t have everything…)
    *Though I don’t think I ever actually said I would never fly with BA again, because one never know.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,053 posts

“I’m never giving BA another penny so I’m switching all my LHR-JFK flights to AA”

You can tell people who say that havn’t heard of the Joint Venture and revenue sharing

BTW I prefer AA on TATLs where I can because I prefer them over BA

dougzz99 626 posts

“I’m never giving BA another penny so I’m switching all my LHR-JFK flights to AA”

You can tell people who say that havn’t heard of the Joint Venture and revenue sharing

BTW I prefer AA on TATLs where I can because I prefer them over BA

So what with the JBV. You fly the airline with the most convenient mix of origin/destination/service. I’m fully aware of BAs shortcomings, but as a London based flyer saying never BA is silly. Since a very disappointing long haul BA flight last year I’ve stuck mostly with AA, fully aware that BA will earn from that. The world is an imperfect place, I’m far more upset at some of the regimes invested in IAG than I am with BA.

Harry T 95 posts

I’m BA Gold and I now only fly BA when the price is right for somewhere I really want to go (or for domestic travel because you can’t trust trains these days). I flew CPT-LHR last weekend and was once again highly unimpressed with what BA have the audacity to call business class. Every time I fly club suite, one of the doors or hatches is broken or breaks during the flight. The crew are so lackadaisical and disengaged that it’s essentially unprofessional. The food is honestly awful, even after the alleged return to pre covid standards, with dinner meal service taking up to three hours – the portions are small and taste bad. My medium and long haul flights with AY and QR this year have been vastly superior across the board.

I guess I’m saying I don’t think it’s wrong for people to criticise BA and say they will try not to fly them. With the now ludicrous surcharges on redemptions, I will be burning the majority of my Avios on partners. And I suspect I will be maintaining OneWorld Emerald by flying anyone but BA, especially in light of the changes to Avios earning on BA metal.

memesweeper 1,244 posts

Long, long ago, I said “never again” about Ryanair. I managed to keep the faith on that promise for well over a decade before caving in to a short one-way when convenient timing trumped all other concerns. If you live near an airport operating as a hub for an airline you hate (I lived next to Stansted) it’s pretty hard to keep the “never again” commitments, however angry you feel at the time you make the statement.

I flew CPT-LHR last weekend and was once again highly unimpressed

I’m sure if you’ve flown Singapore First, or even BA a decade ago, you’ll think BA Club is rubbish. If your prior experience is mainly Easy and Ryan, you could well become a fan.

Richie 980 posts

Anybody that has enjoyed some of the great restaurants in and around Cape Town is going to be disappointed with airline food on their flight home.

jj 517 posts

I’m BA Gold and I now only fly BA when the price is right for somewhere I really want to go…

Personally, I only fly with any airline when the price is right for somewhere I really want to go. Why else would you fly?

Aston100 1,383 posts

I’m BA Gold and I now only fly BA when the price is right for somewhere I really want to go…

Personally, I only fly with any airline when the price is right for somewhere I really want to go. Why else would you fly?

100% this.

ClubSmed 170 posts

You could argue that Back to Back tier point runs are not about “somewhere [you] really want to go”, rather about the journey/incentive. It could also be argued that a business trip could not be “somewhere [you] really want to go”
    I do take your point though, everyone flies to get from A to B in the mode that is most convenient for their purpose. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous

chrism20 89 posts

I’ve now got that Rachel Stevens song stuck in my head. Thanks for that lol

All part of the fun. Life would be a boring place if we didn’t have anything to moan about and boy BA can deliver when it comes to griping

Alex G 440 posts

When I’ve paid cash, I’ve used AA. Their J class was far superior to the old Club World, and you can use the T3 lounges at LHR. I like Club Suites, and would now consider out on AA and back on BA to get the EC261 protection.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.