New Amex Gold – How Long Before Offers Appear?
23rd June 2022 at 20:27taniya
I activated my new Amex Gold card last week, about 5 days after I applied for it. So it’s been about 15 days now. Do you know when I might start seeing offers on this card? I hear the Gold card has better offers than my current basic cashback card so I’m excited to see.
Thanks.23rd June 2022 at 20:32NorthernLass
It can be 3 weeks or so, but only a couple will appear to start with, I think they are partly triggered by your spending patterns so it can take a while for many to appear. It depends what you like buying as well, out of 70-odd offers at any one time there might be 1 or 2 I use unless hotel ones appear, e.g. £50 off £200 spend at IHG/Hilton; I can usually use most of these!23rd June 2022 at 20:33Carlos
Make some starter transaction, e.g. ebay, donations, subscriptions or in shops
also accept the first few offers and watch more appear23rd June 2022 at 21:37Maples
I opened in April and only have had about 15-17 show up since then. I think some expired last night and I’ve only got 10 showing up now. I was told it takes 30-60 days by the live chat and that it’s being catered to my spending.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Luca M on Heathrow Terminal 4
- T_London on HfP Party – rail and tube strike on 21st June?
- sneydpotter on Virgin Voyages Master Thread
- Rob Burgess on Best card for HMRC bill
- Rob Burgess on Heathrow Terminal 4
- Rob Burgess on Printing at Gatwick
- Rob Burgess on BA Business Amex – bonus points never posted
- gary w on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- Rob Burgess on HfP Party – rail and tube strike on 21st June?
- Rob Burgess on Poor service and website
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.