Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New Amex Gold – How Long Before Offers Appear?

• taniya 9 posts

Hello,

I activated my new Amex Gold card last week, about 5 days after I applied for it. So it’s been about 15 days now. Do you know when I might start seeing offers on this card? I hear the Gold card has better offers than my current basic cashback card so I’m excited to see.

Thanks.

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

It can be 3 weeks or so, but only a couple will appear to start with, I think they are partly triggered by your spending patterns so it can take a while for many to appear. It depends what you like buying as well, out of 70-odd offers at any one time there might be 1 or 2 I use unless hotel ones appear, e.g. £50 off £200 spend at IHG/Hilton; I can usually use most of these!

Carlos 758 posts

Make some starter transaction, e.g. ebay, donations, subscriptions or in shops
    also accept the first few offers and watch more appear

Maples 193 posts

I opened in April and only have had about 15-17 show up since then. I think some expired last night and I’ve only got 10 showing up now. I was told it takes 30-60 days by the live chat and that it’s being catered to my spending.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.