Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping New forum tweaks

• Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

We’ve made a couple of changes to the Head for Points forums, in response to an increase in spam in recent weeks.

* New accounts will be moderated – when you register for the forums, your first post or reply will require manual moderation. This only applies to your first post or reply, after which you will be able to post freely. Approvals should be quick during office hours but may take longer at weekends and in the evenings.

* ‘Report’ button introduced – logged-in users of the forum will now see a ‘Report’ button next to each comment. If you click this, a notification is triggered and we will take a look as soon as we can. The post itself will not be removed pending moderation but a message will appear saying that it has been reported.

* Spam restrictions have been eased – because of the two new features above, we have removed restrictions on some ‘trigger’ words which appeared in 90% of the spam posts we received. Posts including any of these words will now appear without moderation.

Unfortunately we cannot do anything about the quirk which means that replies which quote a previous post have a higher chance of going into moderation. Put simply:

* not all posts which include a quote go into moderation, but
    * virtually all posts which end up moderation include a quote

It is easier, instead of quoting an earlier post, to start your reply with ‘[Name of earlier poster], I’m not sure I agree’ or similar.

Thank you for your continued support of the forums.

AndyGWP 275 posts

Any news on the “engagements” link coming back? Or do I need to clear cache

Aston100 1,385 posts

Woops, I reported the previous post.
    Thought it would bring up an additional option rather than just be a one-click solution.

Sorry.

The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

Woops, I reported the previous post.
    Thought it would bring up an additional option rather than just be a one-click solution.

Sorry.

Don’t make me report you 😉

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Any news on the “engagements” link coming back? Or do I need to clear cache

I need to chat to Rhys.

Peter K 551 posts

I don’t seem to have the option to report posts for some reason. Thankfully it means I can’t press the option accidently, but it does seem a bit weird.

I like the italicised quotes by the way!

Froggee 887 posts

I don’t seem to have the option to report posts for some reason. Thankfully it means I can’t press the option accidently, but it does seem a bit weird.

I’m currently on an iPad mini and if I hold it portrait style then I can only see “quote” but if I turn it landscape I can see “report” and “quote”.

So if you’re on a tablet or phone, try turning it 90 degrees!?

Peter K 551 posts

I’m currently on an iPad mini and if I hold it portrait style then I can only see “quote” but if I turn it landscape I can see “report” and “quote”.

So if you’re on a tablet or phone, try turning it 90 degrees!?

I only just remembered where I put this comment. Thank you for the reply!

Tried portrait but no joy. I’m using Chrome on my phone so switched to the desktop view and the report bottom was there. Very weird, but no great loss really.

Aston100 1,385 posts

the report bottom was there

A report bottom would be a great twerk tweak

Peter K 551 posts

😂

BJ 657 posts

@Aston100, that got my day off to a great start 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.