Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New Platinum – how to upgrade existing statuses?

• tiriavpo 312 posts

Just upgraded from gold to platinum – how do I upgrade existing accounts (eg current Marriott silver) to gold ie how do I tell Marriott I have a Platinum card??

I also already have Priority Pass – does that get a new card or is my new found status somehow processed behind the scenes?

And, finally, is Centurion lounge access gained simply by presenting the Plat card itself?

Luca M 391 posts

1- it is well explained in the welcome pack, I also was already a member with Hilton, Marriott, Radisson, and signed up with Meliá, really pretty straight forward, visit americanexpress.co.uk/benefitstatus

2- not sure, but I guess you get a new account, may be worth a call to Amex to get your PP membership and then verify if it is a new number.

3- yes, if memory serves me correctly, they need to put it through a machine. As an additional benefits if travelling through some Italian airports, you can also access the Fast Track security there just by showing them your Card.

Luca M 391 posts

Forgot to add that you also simply show your Platinum Card at Plaza Premium Lounges, EuroStar Lounges, US Escape Lounges, and Some others, all listed in the welcome package. Also, within the Membership tab of your Mobile Amex app, there is a “ Find an Airport Lounge” section, where you can check by specific airport the lounges available to you. Where it says “enrolment required” it means you need your PP membership, if there is no such notation, you simply need your Platinum Card

tiriavpo 312 posts

Thanks Luca – just tried the link for Marriott so will see if that upgrades me – I’ve got a couple of stays coming up. Not sure I will try Hilton or Avis as I already have higher status!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.