Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Next Buy Points bonus?

• notenoughmiles 30 posts

Hi,

I’m about 5000 points short for a redemption stay in September.

Any idea when the next buy points promo will be? I know one just ended on 10th June but don’t know how often they run these?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    slidey 287 posts

IHG bonus point sales seem to be every month or so, but if you cant wait you can do something else to get cheaper points such as –

holiday inn dunfermline is 14000 pts on jan 4th. If you part pay with points, its 9000 pts and £26. If you book it and then cancel, you get the cash element back as points so for the 9000 pts and £26 youd get 14000 pts back. Youd be getting your 5000 points for £26.

Its a bit more than a 100% sale, but then you often would have to buy more than 2500 pts to trigger the bonus anyway and I think £25 for 5000 points would be cheaper than buying 5000 pts with no bonus.

Normally when you cancel a points+cash booking, youll get the pts back right away, but Im not to blame if you dont 🙂

notenoughmiles 30 posts

I just noticed this too. To be honest I don’t need to go through the whole cancellation route.

Happy to pay the £26 and keep the reservation. I was surprised the cash+points is pricing the points at approx 0.52p a point. Not far off the 0.45p when they run 80% points promos.

I just assumed points+cash would be a bad option til I checked as usually for Hilton it’s never been viable.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    notenoughmiles 30 posts

Thanks for the tip though!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.