Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club No Points for paid flights upgraded with CC voucher?

• Mart 38 posts

We recently flew to the US with virgin
    We paid for premium and upgraded using our credit card upgrade vouchers.
    We didn’t receive any miles just the tier points but I was expecting the miles from the premium economy?
    Am I right ?

Jim Utd 18 posts

Hi
    Yes you are. Recently had same issue. Complaint submitted to them and although it took 2 weeks they sorted it straight away. Just bear in mind if you got 100 tier points for upper it reduces to 50 for premium but you do get the miles

Mart 38 posts

Thanks the tier points take me to gold just.
    I have a decision to make

AL 577 posts

For some reason, they’re being a bit hit and miss about giving points on upgrades in to G at the moment. I have a few flights that I’m owed on that I’ll have to call up, as the online form never recognises the nuances of revenue upgraded with points.

AL 577 posts

I spoke to the Gold line about this. In my scenario, I had a revenue K fare that had been upgraded to a reward G. By default, they appear to be giving you 100 TPs (which is the minimum UC TP earnings, or the maximum from PE). Since I’m 1600 in to my 800 Gold renewal TPs, and as TPs don’t roll over, this isn’t much use to me. So, instead, they also offer you to earn the TPs and points you would have earned from the revenue ticket, had you not upgraded.

If you’re short on TPs, then an upgrade to G is a good way to earn them – you’re effectively buying 50 TPs for 30,000-ish points, and earning a £200ish upgrade to Upper in the process.

If you want to avail of the switch from the TP earning process to TP plus Points, a call to them should sort it out.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.