Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios No welcome bonus?

• konsultant 1 post

Hi,

I signed up for Barclaycard Avious Plus in July. The deal was 25000 Avios and further 25000 on spending £3000 in the first three months.

1. I have not yet received the initial bonus of 25000 Avios. Do we get them after the 3 month period OR at after sign up?

2. How is the £3000 spend for the first three months calculated? Is it the last three months statement OR the current spent amount as of that date? My current spend is higher, but the tracker in the app shows the amount of my last statement and i have made a lot more purchases since then which are not updated in the total.

3. Anyone received the welcome bonus of 25000 Avios before the first three months?

thanks

RK228 202 posts

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I thought the offer was 50,000 Avios for £3,000 spend in the three months from opening the account (rather than a bonus for just signing up).

I think P2 got the 50,000 Avios only after hitting the £3,000 spend.

Thrillington 40 posts

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I thought the offer was 50,000 Avios for £3,000 spend in the three months from opening the account (rather than a bonus for just signing up).

I think P2 got the 50,000 Avios only after hitting the £3,000 spend.

Correct, the usual bonus (signup and spend £3k in 3 months) was 25k, doubled to 50k for the promo.

The tracker does take a while to update after spend. I also signed up in July – last month’s points should have posted Tuesday but many of us are still waiting.

Maples 182 posts

I think you misread it, as the others have pointed it out.

The tracker on the app is a bit slow but you can ask CS on live chat and they can tell you how much you’ve spent, if the tracker is too slow for you. If you get refunds, I’m assuming it goes down.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.