Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Non-operational First Cabin

• masaccio 722 posts

Here’s a first for me (no pun intended). Just got a new boarding pass for NBO-LHR with “Seat change to Non-operational First Cabin“. Basically First cabin with CW service. I had no idea BA did that.

I didn’t see that note last time I flew this route and a bonus this time is they did load extra CW bed linens. Last time there was no blanket or duvet and it was freezing.

Anna 458 posts

It’s known as Flub! First cabin with club service, it happens for example if BA is using a 4 class aircraft on a route which only offers 3 classes of ticket. Enjoy the extra space.

masaccio 722 posts

It’s known as Flub! First cabin with club service, it happens for example if BA is using a 4 class aircraft on a route which only offers 3 classes of ticket. Enjoy the extra space.

There you go – something learned. It is a very comfy seat.

strickers 651 posts

Often they use the larger aircraft for freight capacity but don’t have enough crew for an F cabin. If it’s overbooked they’ll open the F cabin and provide club service so they don’t have to bump people. Lovely little bonus when it does happen.

pureshtuyot 37 posts

On the Tel Aviv route they no longer offer First bookings or service despite using a 777 with first

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,077 posts

Often they use the larger aircraft for freight capacity but don’t have enough crew for an F cabin. If it’s overbooked they’ll open the F cabin and provide club service so they don’t have to bump people. Lovely little bonus when it does happen.

That’s not quite correct.

They can only offer FLUB if they have an extra member of cabin crew to staff the cabin for passenger use.

strickers 651 posts

I never mentioned not loading extra cabin crew, so what I said is correct. Our flight was back from Chennai where they have based crew.

JonathanC 103 posts

I once got seated on a 20 (odd) years old 772 for a ET to North Africa that BA was temporarily using the large aircraft for the route.

Was sat in WTP front row seat right behind CW seats, and the seat wasn’t very good at all, barely any difference between that and a regular WT seat, and said to myself, I probably won’t buy a Premium Economy seat, especially not BA’s WTP !
    A bit like why bother BA’s joke of CE seat when there’s almost certainly better options on other carriers, or just don’t bother paying the premium when all you get is a guaranteed blocked off middle seat, and complimentary food / drink, the increase in fares hardly makes it worthwhile, this probably isn’t taken into account by those chasing TPs

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.