Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• DonLee 214 posts

I was looking to book an one way ticket with Singapore Airline from Tokyo to Sydney. The one I was going to book cost £800 with 9 hours layover at Singapore. The price jumped to £1200 overnight. However, it would be £800 if I select Multi-city option.

Is there any disadvantages if I book it as multi-city? Thanks in advance.

JDB 4,393 posts

@DonLee – From the way you phrase it, you will still be on one ticket (so split fare calculation rather than split ticketing) so your connection should be protected and no issues with baggage, but I’m not sure how you have checked the two separate legs/total trip as some fares are not combinable so the booking could fail at the final stages, but if it goes through, it all ought to be OK.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,091 posts

Who are you booking this with?

With an airline / reputable OTA or some cheapo TA?

DonLee 214 posts

@DonLee – From the way you phrase it, you will still be on one ticket (so split fare calculation rather than split ticketing) so your connection should be protected and no issues with baggage, but I’m not sure how you have checked the two separate legs/total trip as some fares are not combinable so the booking could fail at the final stages, but if it goes through, it all ought to be OK.

Thanks @JDB, I went ahead and booked using multi city option. All in one ticket and will finally be able to try Singapore Airline for the first time. The bonus is a380 for SIN-SYD leg.

DonLee 214 posts

Who are you booking this with?

With an airline / reputable OTA or some cheapo TA?

The price was booked through SQ website. Was gutted when the price jumped so tried multi city option and turned out to be much cheaper for same flights.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.