Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Only outgoing 50% Avios flight cancelled, revokable @ 355 days

• Michael C 667 posts

Sorry in advance for the dreaded repost from Daily Chat…after a hectic work period, I’m still a forum virgin!
    Morning, Everyone!
    BA cancellation/rebook question, appealing to collective Xmas spirit!
    I have a cancelled 50% Avios LHR-GRU cancelled for this Tues 28 Dec. On
    MMB I can currently move it to Thurs 16 Dec 2022. Two questions for the experts!
    i) obviously pending availability, but could I wait until the morning of Tues 28 Dec to
    make the change, hoping there’ll be seats on Sat. 18 Dec 2022?
    ii) more importantly, my return GIG-LHR 4 Jan 2022 HASN’T been cancelled (and no
    mention of changing it on MMB), so what are my options if I go ahead and change
    LHR-GRU now? Do BA “have” to change my return, too, or would I just have to
    cancel the return, lose the 50% and the GBP35, and look for a new flight when they’re
    published?
    Hope everyone’s having a good weekend!

AJA 1,071 posts

I answered your post in the daily chat. 😀

Lady London 2,051 posts

Already answered.

Please no one get into the habit of duplicate posting it’s really annoying.

And the correct place for this was the Flight Cancellations thread. I put a note on my reply asking Rhys to move it as you asked a very good question others can benefit from.

Merry Christmas 🙂

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Ladyshopper 110 posts

Have you clicked through to the last possible point before you have to confirm in MMB?

The reason I ask is that I was in a similar situation earlier this year. It looked as if I could move my flights in MMB, but when I actually tried to do it (I waited until my dates came up, plus triple checked there were seats available) it would throw up an error and not allow me to.

I had to call BA, who wouldn’t do it for me (usual rubbish about ticket validity, trying to get me to accept a voucher which would have then meant I lost the 50% discount on avios I’d used etc). I was going to take them to CEDR, was just getting my application ready, then luckily BA changed their policy regarding ticket validity and I was able to move the flights to next year. Unfortunately they seem to have then gone back on that policy change, meaning people now have to take them to CEDR/MCOL again to get their rights.

All that was a very long-winded way of saying that just because it looks as if you can move them to next year in MMB doesn’t actually mean you’ll be able to, as that wasn’t my experience, nor those of others.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.