Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life OpenTable Rewards

• PeteM 714 posts

Just thought I’d mention that if you collect OpenTable Rewards points, and have perhaps even converted them to one of their dining cheques, the only place I have been able to find in London that takes them is Hawksmoor.

You can find lots of people online saying the whole rewards programme is a scam (which it kind of is as nowhere seems to accept them!), but it was a painless experience at Hawksmoor.

Gin and Tonic Please 7 posts

I reached the same conclusion as well, after messaging 20ish places to ask and only getting a positive reply from Hawksmoor. Then, a few days later, my local pub replied to say they did too! So there are probably a handful more places out there, but it’s definitely slim pickings.

PeteM 714 posts

Oohh, which pub is that?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Probably an easier life taking the IHG points instead!

PeteM 714 posts

Sure, but those only work on fancier places, don’t they? I rack up quite a lot of these points booking chain or cheaper restaurants 🙂

Oohh, which pub is that?

The Bobbin in Clapham

Probably an easier life taking the IHG points instead!

Totally agree! But it doesn’t work for restaurants that require a credit card to hold the booking. Since Covid, that’s now a LOT more restaurants.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.