Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express OTA not honouring booking paid with AMEX

• S136 8 posts

I found a good deal on roomsxxl.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/2053969-fairmont-royal-palm-marrakech-marrakech-morocco-58-incl-tax-suites.html) and paid for a stay in March. They first claimed the hotel was oversold and then when I showed them the hotel was wide open for bookings on my dates, they claim they have some issue with their booking partner and can only offer refund.

Do I have any case here if I start a dispute via amex, or have they got free reign to not honour a booking if they wish? I have a feeling I can’t fight this one but just want to get second opinion. Ideal would be if I can make new booking for same room and same dates via same website and then chargeback via amex but again, I suspect this is not how it works.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    memesweeper 1,255 posts

Did you get a booking confirmation by email? If you did, you’ll need to trawl through their T&Cs and see what options they have for unilaterally cancelling. Notwithstanding the T&Cs, if the price is an obvious mistake then you won’t be able to enforce any booking with them; and if the T&Cs are unfair you may be able to challenge them.

The Savage Squirrel 570 posts

Given it’s $60 for a suite in a hotel where rooms are normally $600+ it’s a very obvious mistake. Not worth your time pushing this so forget it and move on.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.