Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Paid First – no in-flight entertainment

• BH 43 posts

I recently flew in paid First LHR-SFO with no functional in flight entertainment. The senior CC reported it to customer services and their response is an offer of 10k Avios.

I’m sure the last time this happened to me the payout was 25k.

Any recent experiences?

Lady London 2,051 posts

10k? For paid First? !!!!
    25-30k might just about show BA could care less.

Was there no other F seat with working kit available?

qrfan 3 posts

I got £100 in voucher form for 2x missing club world amenity kits and a miscommunication over a gate-checked buggy, so the equivalent in avios for paid first not having entertainment on a 9 hour flight seems… low. Very low.

BH 43 posts

The cabin was full. Two of our group of three were in the same situation. I’ve told them how thrilled I am with their ‘gesture’. I might just offer them a gesture of my own…

yonasl 954 posts

My dad was trying to rebook a flight and BA lines were super busy. He complained he had to call and wait for hours for a few days and got 10,000 Avios for that.

So in all honesty, to find that multiple F systems are down is just unacceptable and should yield a lot more.

BH 43 posts

We’ll, that was painful.

I replied to the offer of 10k expressing my dissatisfaction. That yielded a further 10k.

I then told the agent that I didn’t think he was taking my complaint seriously and made it clear that having to negotiate was informing my future choice of airline.

It’s got to 25k now so I think I’ll leave it there. I don’t think I have the stamina to push for more.

Hbommie 194 posts

25k sounds about right to me and should’ve been the initial response without the need for bartering. Paid or points shouldn’t make any difference, if you’re sat in the seat the service should be the same.

PGW 94 posts

25k Paid or points shouldn’t make any difference, if you’re sat in the seat the service should be the same.

I agree. A more interesting question is whether the level of compensation should differ depending on the class of travel. No IFE is at least as great a downgrade for a passenger in WT.

Hbommie 194 posts

No, should be the same. Does it differ?

Lady London 2,051 posts

No, should be the same. Does it differ?

Yes by all accounts the amount of goodwill compensations given does vary by class.

The going rate seems to be for missing entertainment 5k in Y domestic but maybe 10k depending on status ad if longhaul, 10k in J and 25-30k in F. Flyertalk may have better info than me.

Just like on Lufthansa forget getting anything decent in all sorts of ways unless you’re a Senator.

Makes commercial sense really.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.