Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Palazzo Diamond Elite upgrades

• kevh3835 7 posts

Has anyone had any upgrades given based on their Diamond Elite status at the Las Vegas Palazzo?

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

From what I read online, you get to use the dedicated IHG Elite check-in line but upgrades are subject to the same $50 bribe as elsewhere in Vegas. It’s not something I’d ever do personally as I am always the sole occupant of my room so not really bothered by square footage.

SRF. 43 posts

$50 under the counter worked a treat in Treasure Island a few years back.

You can only ask if any nicer rooms available and they can only say no. Nothing to lose

$50 under the counter worked a treat in Treasure Island a few years back.

You can only ask if any nicer rooms available and they can only say no. Nothing to lose

You lose your $50 though…..don’t you? Have I misunderstood how this works?

SRF. 43 posts

Dangle the carrot before you let them have a bite 🙂

Dangle the carrot before you let them have a bite 🙂

That’s a proverb straight out of the Book of Magic Mike

Travel Strong 258 posts

First hand experience as a Diamond at Venetian/Palazzo last week:

I love the resort, but IHG add nothing to the Venetian/Palazzo experience (except the ability to book on points, which I took full advantage of and used the last of my ERNIE/CREATION haul for 4 nights at just 24k per night (plus $45 resort fee… plus tax)).

I asked explicitly whether the new ‘Diamond’ status had breakfast, and was told no.
    I asked which benefits existed, and 2 bottles of water and a late checkout were given.
    Given the size of the standard rooms, I was not after an upgrade anyway.

They do have the ‘prestige’ floor with a lounge, which would have been a welcome solution to breakfast.
    However, there was nothing forthcoming, which was a surprise.
    (T&C’s exclude V/P ‘Alliance’ properties from other benefits, but no indication to not expect the breakfast).

I will file a complaint with IHG for my breakfast and/or resort fee costs, but do not expect IHG customer service to be of any use, based on past experience.

RE: UPGRADES
    Like most Vegas resorts, if they have availability the front desk have always been very accommodating with the $20 tip/trick – so if you do want an absolutely huge room – give it a go. You do NOT need to ‘dangle’ it. You give them $20 along with your ID and ask if there are any complimentary upgrades available. If they are none, they will slide the $20 back! $50 gets you no more, stick with $20 and do your bit to avoid unnecessary inflation.

SGJNI 69 posts

I stayed a few weeks ago. Upgrade offered to a Strip View Room if I waited until a bit later in the afternoon, (I was there at noon as I was staying in The Venetian and my online mobile check-in said a room was ready), with bottled water and a late check out. I wanted to go back to the pools so I declined the wait and was given an immediate check-in with a fantastic view of LAS and landing aircraft. Result! I didn’t expect breakfast as it is clearly excluded and anyway, I prefer to walk over to The Wynn for the Buffet, about $45pp.
    I was very impressed that all the mobile/on-line stuff worked seamlessly for check-in, checkout and billing.It did take about 5 days to clear CC holds but no “funny” charges appeared and credit balances released correctly.Much the same at The IC SFO Howard St where the free breakfast was not only honoured but the Maitre d’ made a point of seating me at a good table. Pity the pool was closed for renovation, now open again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.