Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Partial refund of 5 award night stay

• Tracy 315 posts

I have been given a partial refund of a 5 night award stay. Booked 5 nights for the price of 4 nights at 120k points. I only stayed one night. Hotel wanted an extra night as cancellation was last minute so need to “pay” for 2 nights. What’s the consensus on points I should receive back?

JDB 4,335 posts

I have been given a partial refund of a 5 night award stay. Booked 5 nights for the price of 4 nights at 120k points. I only stayed one night. Hotel wanted an extra night as cancellation was last minute so need to “pay” for 2 nights. What’s the consensus on points I should receive back?

I thought there was no refund (T&Cs 3.3.d) of partially used “Stay for 5, Pay for 4 Offer” bookings, so this might be a result? Unless you were on some different promotion…

stevenhp1987 330 posts

I’d have thought 0. It’s non-refundable once the cancellation period has passed.

But if they’re being nice I’d probably expect half the points (you paid for 4 nights and “used” 2).

Tracy 315 posts

I’ll take it as a win then, they have offered me 61k points refund. I didn’t realise it was non refundable 😱. No idea how they calculated it…..

Paul B 224 posts

Was in an identical situation last year, property refunded the points for 2 nights and the free night was ignored. They seemed happy to do it but it took a bit of time to process the refund, they had to reach out to corporate.

Tracy 315 posts

@PaulB yes seems like they have given me 2 nights plus an additional 1000 points. Hotel kept saying Marriott had to process it and Marriott said hotel had to do it. Eventually hotel obliged lol.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.