Paying car finance
8th August 2022 at 16:44Matt
I’m thinking of paying off a chunk of a business car finance loan, to Blackhorse. Does anyone know a) if this is possible from a credit card and b) if CoT will charge fees or give points for doing so?
Thanks8th August 2022 at 16:52NorthernLass
First of all you need to find out if the finance company takes credit cards, speak to the payment office as not all staff will know this. If so, IME it’s just classed as a purchase and earns any relevant points. I pay for my BMW lease every month on a cc and earlier this year earned a chunk of points paying the £12k balloon payment on our other car.8th August 2022 at 21:17Matt
Thanks, that’s useful. I was hoping there would be someone with experience of this with CoT or Blackhorse – anyone?9th August 2022 at 06:03lev441
Me too wondering about paying Santander consumer finance for my new car lease.10th August 2022 at 14:44NorthernLass
Santander takes Visa and MC. We had to set up the payments initially as DD but you can then cancel that and pay monthly online. You need your agreement number to make the payment.11th August 2022 at 10:53Matt
Turns out it’s not possible to pay of business car finance with Blackhorse, so the question doesn’t matter (I’d been mis-advised when I phoned them to ask about making over-payments)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Get 100,000 bonus Avios for getting the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards
Latest Forum Posts
- colinc57 on The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread
- Lumma on Chat thread – Thursday 6th October
- can on Reducing credit limit after being declined
- gtellez on Amex referral
- DorsetFlyer on Colombia trip advice
- Super Secret Stuff on Chat thread – Thursday 6th October
- NorthernLass on Reducing credit limit after being declined
- achoogirl on BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD
- DJ on Reducing credit limit after being declined
- danimal on Say what? 25,000 free Avios from Barclays!
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.