Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Capital on Tap Paying car finance

• Matt 323 posts

I’m thinking of paying off a chunk of a business car finance loan, to Blackhorse. Does anyone know a) if this is possible from a credit card and b) if CoT will charge fees or give points for doing so?

Thanks

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

First of all you need to find out if the finance company takes credit cards, speak to the payment office as not all staff will know this. If so, IME it’s just classed as a purchase and earns any relevant points. I pay for my BMW lease every month on a cc and earlier this year earned a chunk of points paying the £12k balloon payment on our other car.

Matt 323 posts

Thanks, that’s useful. I was hoping there would be someone with experience of this with CoT or Blackhorse – anyone?

lev441 43 posts

Me too wondering about paying Santander consumer finance for my new car lease.

NorthernLass 7,586 posts

Santander takes Visa and MC. We had to set up the payments initially as DD but you can then cancel that and pay monthly online. You need your agreement number to make the payment.

Matt 323 posts

Turns out it’s not possible to pay of business car finance with Blackhorse, so the question doesn’t matter (I’d been mis-advised when I phoned them to ask about making over-payments)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.