Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Paying off Amex

• trader363 109 posts

I’ve spent a lot on my platinum card this month. Would be a shame to pay it off without earning anything. Appreciate any ideas – even if coded 🙂

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

Mr X?

PIL 100 posts

AMEX is strict with MS, be very careful

polly 289 posts

Bendy not cutting it with HKG anymore, sadly. We are all having to suck it up now, annoyingly. We too had some huge spend last couple of months, now stuck with Amex or Marriot points only…

Rui N. 831 posts

AMEX is strict with MS, be very careful

People have been Amex with Curve for half a decade (or almost) without any issues.

PIL 100 posts

I used it in 2018 and got the rough end of the stick. It might have been that I was not lucky!

Dudulle 47 posts

With a minimum amount, there’s a straight way to make up to (almost) 12 points/miles total per 1£.

Carlos 758 posts

With a minimum amount, there’s a straight way to make up to (almost) 12 points/miles total per 1£.

Interested to hear more

trader363 109 posts

People have been Amex with Curve for half a decade (or almost) without any issues.

Not any more – or atleast the routes I used to pay off Amex via bendy are gone.

Rui N. 831 posts

Because of Amex?! It was fine earlier this week.
    Other cards blocking/charging usage of Curve to pay Amex is not what we’re talking about.

trader363 109 posts

Yes dudulle – please do drop a few crumbs – I’m sure us old timers will get the gist 😉

Dudulle 47 posts

Yes dudulle – please do drop a few crumbs – I’m sure us old timers will get the gist 😉

There’s already 2 clues + the way of using it in my previous message haha.
    The exact number is 11.83/£ and that’s assuming spending only that minimum amount (and being eligible) and getting the maximum reward on the platinum. Higher spends brings the reward lower obviously. As long as you find that number you’ll know you’ve found the right one.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Are you talking about a sign up bonus?

Spend £6000 = 6k MR earnt + 60k sign up bonus + 5k MR from first supplementary card = 71k total MR gained.
    71k MR divided by £6k spend = 11.83 MR per £ spent.

If that’s what you mean then it’s not really relevant to most of us.

Dudulle 47 posts

Are you talking about a sign up bonus?

Spend £6000 = 6k MR earnt + 60k sign up bonus + 5k MR from first supplementary card = 71k total MR gained.
    71k MR divided by £6k spend = 11.83 MR per £ spent.

If that’s what you mean then it’s not really relevant to most of us.

I do count bonuses but not from amex. But I’m assuming the maximum reward on the platinum which is more than 1 MR/£ (also without offers)

Rui N. 831 posts

You know a SUB is not MS? All that cryptic BS to talk about reaching a SUB.

trader363 109 posts

lol I think we’re talking about different things. I was asking about paying off the credit card and earning points in the process

trader363 109 posts

Bumping up incase anyone has any bright ideas before I am due to pay it off soon

VerdantBacon 141 posts

If you have the full suite of HfP favoured cards, try them all.

Anyone who’s still finding a way to game points has long learned that using useless codes on here does nothing to protect their methods of collecting points.

So best thing to do is to try everything you can and keep quiet about whatever goes through

duggie1982 263 posts

Bumping up incase anyone has any bright ideas before I am due to pay it off soon

Email me! its my username @ hotmail.com

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.