Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Platinum challenge refused – help

• pauline 43 posts

I read on here about a platinum challenge and as I had a 14 night RC yacht up coming stay. I checked with customer care that RC yacht nights were eligible. This was confirmed by email.

14 nights RC and 2 other nights done so I asked for my status to be amended which was denied and I was then advised I had only done 2 eligible nights and RC yacht stays were ineligible despite my written confirmation to the contrary. They will not budge and I have been offered a derisory 10,000 points as ‘I was misled’

One of the original emails states ‘
    Eligible Stays across all brands count towards promotion credit except Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy®, Marriott Executive Apartments, The Ritz-Carlton Reserve, BVLGARI, Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks and other hotels that do not participate in Marriott Bonvoy®. For a list of participating properties please visit the Marriott Bonvoy® Terms and Conditions.

RC Yacht is not excluded.

Does anyone have any suggestions or do I just accept this is a lost cause?

Thanks

hugo r 282 posts

When I did status challenge as soon as the 16 night posted membership was instantly upgraded no manual / emailed required

T@c do state the following

Elite Night Credit for each night on the yacht for the suite that they personally pay for and utilize

If you paid and utilized I would email Marriott Bonvoy champions and see what they say.. the respond within 24-48 hours during week ..not sure about weekends

Email address is on Flyertalk

Cranzle 272 posts

I can’t help with the original question, but I’m most interested in hearing about your experience on the RC Yacht. Would you mind doing a brief review here or link to somewhere else that you may be written one?

pauline 43 posts

@ Hugo r thanks – the elite nights were credited without issue but marriott have indicated that they don’t count toward the challenge despite agreeing I was misled and told they would. Do you have an email for Marriott Bonvoy champions thanks?

@ cranzie- currently in langkawi but will happily give the pros and cons of RC yacht on my return – we love it but definitely not for everyone – it’s an AI floating hotel very relaxed and boutique but there is little entertainment as such

hugo r 282 posts

Hi

Try

marriott.bonvoychampion at marriott.com

YC 229 posts

RC yacht is typically excluded. It’s just so niche that they tend to forget to include in promo t&cs. They didn’t count towards double nights as well last year despite not being in exclusion list. I suspect you were misled and they thought it was just a normal RC stay. You obviously got grounds to fight it given you specifically took out the challenge on this basis but Marriott likely to stick to their rules. If it all fails, could try to push for more points comp

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.