Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Platinum LNER offer

• AndyS 24 posts

Just checking that the platinum LNER offer will apply to any train tickets purchased from LNER – that amex won’t have access to the full transaction details to find out if I’m using a different TOC ? Amex are offering 10% cashback, whereas Curve and MBNA are only 5% !

AndyS 24 posts

actually no need to answer – their booking engine doesn’t do groupsave (nor is it in the “discounts and railcards” section) so i’d be paying 33% more to save 10%!

Andrew J 769 posts

But in answer to your question – yes any ticket from any operator can be bought on LNER and get the offer – I’ve been using it for months.

KevinC 76 posts

What surprised me was I got 10% back on snacks from the LNER buffet car.

Harrier25 852 posts

What surprised me was I got 10% back on snacks from the LNER buffet car.

…and if it was last week, would more than likely qualify for a Small Shop too! 😅

John 1,000 posts

So, after 2 months I did eventually get 10% back from buying a ticket at an LNER station. (Online always credits within 3 days, but this ticket was not sold online.)

There is no “transaction data” from GB train tickets.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Andrew. 481 posts

The LNER and Avanti offers vary across cards. I’ve got between 5% and 10% at the moment on BoS, Halifax, MBNA, Barclaycard, Virgin and Amex.

Don’t forget you’ve probably got Airtime and Nectar rebates on LNER too.

swintonowl 5 posts

You can also purchase e-vouchers (valid for 12 months) and that will also trigger the 10% back

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.