Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Platinum referral 70k points missing offer

• namster 70 posts

Hi All
    there was a thread here very recently which i cant find for platinum referral and 70k upon hitting 4k. I signed upto the offer using Robs referral and my platinum account is only showing 30k Upon hitting 4k. I am currently £500 away from the target. When do the referral extra points appear in the account ?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

This is totally normal. Amex’s IT isn’t capable of adjusting that message. Hit the spend target and 70k will appear, albeit the 2nd chunk may be a day or so behind the main chunk.

Ori 35 posts

I reached my maximum for the year on referrals. I think it resets every calendar year?

Andrew J 769 posts

I reached my maximum for the year on referrals. I think it resets every calendar year?

Yes.

Luca M 391 posts

is the max 90,000 on platinum? If so how does it work when I have had 3 x 24,000 referral (do 72,000 in total) and I still have a 24,000 referral offer to use? Would they only credit the 18,000? If so I will wait for the annual reset before referring more people

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.